Following to Join...Step by Step.

Re: delhi immigrant section contact info

Originally posted by Hawk74
hi,
could someone tell me the contact info (email and phone #s) for delhi consulate and embassy?

Thanks
Hawk

I saw Delhi contact no in Chennia consulate Website FAQ
(91)(11) 419-8000, ext. 8475 and 8506.

Dear friends,

I am also the same situation like you,

Here is my story:

RD: April 03
Transfered Date: 10/12/03
Interview: 11/20/03
Approved same day 11/20/03 !! good news.

I spoke to Chennai consulate in india for FTJ,

They are asking Photo copy of following Docs:

For following to join cases, we need confirmation of principal applicant's Legal Permanent Resident Status (LPR) from the BCIS(former INS). So after the principal applicant receives his/her green card in hand, please send the following notarized documents to our office after you get the Green card.

Approval Notice (Form I-797)

Entire Passport pages

Green Card (Both sides)

Marriage Certificate

Applicant's Birth Certificate

Local address.

I am waiting to get my GC plastic card first.

Since my case has been transfered to loacl office, could you please advise me how to get I - 797?

I spoke to attorney, he doesn't know?

Thanks

Re: Re: interview help - my wife's interview Dec 18th 2003

Originally posted by ins_torture
hi googly,

I just read that your wife had the interview on dec 1st and everything went well.

First of all congrats.

I was looking for some information reagarding the interview. My wife's interview is on 18th Dec.

I was wondering if you could tell me -
# what all questions were asked?
# how long was the interview?
# anything in particular these guys are anal about or we need to take care of?
# any tips?

Many thanks in advance. It will be really great if you could help me with this at the earliest...

my email just in case: rk_21@hotmail.com

Rohit
After the long wait, Chennai consulate acknowledged the INS notification and opened a case for my wife. She will be having her interview in April. Googly and Ins_torture it will be very helpful if you can you mail me @ balara@yahoo.com the kind of questions they asked during the interview.

Following to Join

Well,

First let me tell you that the whole process was very smooth. My wife came to US last month without any (and I repeat ANY) problems.

Here is what was asked at consulate in India:
- How do you know him?
- Where is he working, nature of job, salary, when did he come to US and all the related questions? Basically tell her your entire resume.
- Questions about family (both mine and hers) and how did we get married (esp. in case it is an arranged marriage)?
- Take a lot of snaps? They will ask who is who in snaps really fast..so the wife has to know the names/relationship of all the people.
- What would you do in US? etc

Thats's it.....my wife was in and out of the N.Delhi consulate within 15 mins.

At the time of reaching US, she was asked to go to (actually an officer walked with her) the INS room where the passport and fingerprints were done in less then 15 mins. She was told she will get the plastic GC within 12 weeks or so in mail.

Thats it!!!!!

Here is the bottomline:
- Take as many documents as you.
- Do not be nervous.
- Answer questions with confidence?

Regards,

Re: Following to Join

Thank you very much googly.

One more thing I wanted to ask. Is packet 4 the only INS document needed for the interview other than the regular support documents.

Yes...but like I said before....take as many documents as you can!!!

Brith Certs, marriage certs, 3 yrs tax returs, medical, pay stubs, photos etc etc.

googly

did ur wife receive a letter along with her case number stating that the consulate is awaiting a visa number from Washington?

Not really...

Please check with your Lawyer. The whole idea behind FTJ is that you DO NOT have to wait for a visa number to become available.

Anyway, I might be wrong.

Googly

Yes, thats what I thought too. I am confused cuz they sent this letter to my wife within three weeks of me submitting the docs for the FTJ. The letter had the case number and the message that they will assign an interview date as soon as they receive a visa number. I am now confused whether those people mistook the case to be a family-based immigration petition.

Originally posted by googly
Please check with your Lawyer. The whole idea behind FTJ is that you DO NOT have to wait for a visa number to become available.

Anyway, I might be wrong.

Googly/others, need ftj help

I hadn't meant to start a separate thread, just to resurrect this one...

Googly,
I am not sure if you still log in here; I also need to apply for ftj for my wife at New Delhi consulate and would really apprecaiate your inputs.

I have filed an I824 with TSC and as soon as I get my I824 receipt, I am planning on sending the following docs to New Delhi Consulate:
1) Attorney certified I824 receipt
2) I485 and I140 approval notices (original)
3) Attorney-certified I140 petition, I485 petition and I824 petition
4) Employment letter, notarized w2, last three pay-stubs
5) I-134 and bank letters
6) DS-230 part I
7) notarized marriage certificate
8) wife's birth certificate (notarized)
9) notarized copies of passport pages (which are either printed or relevant stamps)

I would appreciate your inputs on the following:

1) Are there documents I should be sending?
2) Does the consulate directly schedule an interview after this or do they send pkt 3? If they send pkt 3, what are all the docs in pkt 3? I searched the uscis site and couldn't find anything called packet3.
3) Is there a separate address at the delhi consulate for ftj applications?
thanks

ftjquest

That about sounds right.
Packet 3 contains DS 230 part 1, the affidavit and the OF169. Since u are including DS 230 and I-134 in the original set itself, you dont have to send them again.
OF169 is nothing but a checklist informing the consulate that u are ready to attend the interview and that you have all the documetns. For FTJ interview, your spouse should get a police clearance certificate from the regional passsport office where the passport was issued, and also from local police stations of all places of residence lasting over 6 months since your spouse turned 16.
Just send the list of documents that you have mentioned in your list and wait for the case number to be assigned. Upon receiving a case number, you can go about getting the PCC and other docs as mentioned in OF169. PCC's apparently have only a 6 month validity so you it is better to wait until you get the case number. Once you believe you have all docs listed in OF169, mark the appropriate check boxes in it and send the form (minus the docs listed) to the consulate. They should then schedule an interview shortly.
Good luck!

>>did ur wife receive a letter along with her case number stating that the consulate is awaiting a visa number from Washington?

------------------------------------------------------
WheresMahGreen,
My wife got a similar letter and within 20 days she got paket 4 for interview. In the interview letter they had mentioned the category as E3. You can call the consulate with the case no they will tell you when the interview date will be.

Originally posted by googly
Folks,

I have been a regular visitor of this forum and have gained tremendous support and advice from the other folks.

There is however a very litte information about follow-to-join procedure. So, I think it is my time to contribute...

My wifes case was approved today at Delhi consulate and here are the inputs:

- I applied for my 485 in Nov'01.
- I got EAD and AP after 6 months.
- I got married in April'03.
- I got my GC approved in July'03.
- I applied for my wifes I-824 in August'03.
- Got the 824 reciept from VSC, telling me it will take 180-999 days for approval.
- Once I got the 824 receipt notice, I send all the papers (DS230 I and II, Affidavit of support, origional I824 and orgional 485 approval notice (courtesy copy), bank statement, letter of employment, recent pay stubs, marriage certificate etc).
- Case created by New Delhi consulate in Oct'03.
- Interview was scheduled on 1st Dec'03.
- Recieve packet4, get the medical done etc in first week Nov'03.
- Wife goes for the interview and was out within less then an hour.
- People in consulate were very co-operative and understood the situation. She was not asked anything except for the regular questions.

The whole time, right from applying for 824 (which still says it will take another 999 days for approval) till getting approved is about 4 months.

I am glad to say that during all this time "New Delhi consulate was very-very responsive".

Regards,

Finally my wife had her interview successfully in Chennai consulate yesterday. Does anybody know how much time it would take to get the stamped passport to arrive thought the blue dart.

Hi Arunu :

Congratulations.

I am visiting this thread first time.

Wanted to know more details from you because your wife got the GC recently From Chennai. Eventhough mine may take longer time, I wanted to know more details about this process.

I and my wife applied for I-485 with ND of March 01 2004.
My son(10 Years) is studying in India and we applied for his 824.

Is there anyway I can talk to you for some time.

My e-mail is sree1965@hotmail.com

Thank you.

Sree

filing status for Tax Returns

Hi arunu,

Could you please let me know which filing status is right for an applicant whose spouse is in India?

Thanks
Hawk74

Can anyone answer this:

What are all documents which are Certified by Attorney and which one need to be Notarized or plain copy?

Do we have to send notarized copy for bank statements also or just the originals will do?

Your response will be highly appreciated, as I am also starting the same procedure for my wife and got my I824 receipt last week.

Thanks

Urgent!Does the beneficiary get GC after FTJ ?

Dear ALL,
I'm awaiting I485 approval for the last 22 months and am using EAD to work in this country.Last year, I got married outside US and my spouse could'nt join me because I did'nt have an H-1.I decided to do a FTJ for my wife once my GC gets approved.
Now considering if my GC gets approved in some time(God knows when!!) and she goes through the whole nine yards from Packet 3 to the interview.
The points which are not clear to me are:
1)Does the spouse get an immigrant visa number on succesful interview?
2)On Port of Entry at US, what is the sort of stamp the authorities put on her passport?

3)Does she get a Greencard automatically after landing in US or do we have to apply for card here in US?If we do have to apply for a GC then what is the process of applying?
4) If she gets a GC would that be conditional or non-conditional?

I sincerely thank you all for reading this far and any inputs would be greatly appreciated.Also I wish everyone a speedy approval and empathize with everyone going through this painful process.
Thanks a ton...
cheers :)