follow up on Successful CP in London -25 March 2002

lokozo

Registered Users (C)
PORT OF ENTRY: 03 April 2002

We were not sure if we had to complete the US Landing form on the plane as we had the envelopes with us. The crew members were not sure either.
Eventually, we did not need to.
We arrived at Newark Airport and it was fully packed as people were just coming back from Easter break. The Immigration Officer took our passports and the envelopes and we went into an office. There was a bit of a delay(I think INS was short-staffed?) for almost an hour but two Immigration officials turned up. We were called first and fingerprinted with the exception of my son(I guess he was too young for fingerprinting). They stamped our Passports with the Alien # written on it. We did not complete any form, I guess they will take care of that. The immigration guy said we should expect our GC card in 6-9 months but I don\'t think it will take that long.
We left the Airport with joy and we knew freedom has begun.

HOW LONG TO GET GC:

Everything took 13 months and we have only been the in USA 22 months. We thank God for HIS GLORY and FAVOR. I also seize this opportunity to thank everyone who has come before me and shared their experience,advice and suggestions on this forum(www.immigrationportal.com). It is good source to learn US Immigration and it\'s complexities.

If you have any questions, especially on CP in US Embassy London, please feel free to give a shout and I will answer them to the best of my knowledge.

CP is "SIMPLY THE BEST".
All the best and good luck.

Police certificate from UK

Congratulation!

I would like to verify with you if the document I obtained for my CP is the right one needed for the interview. I received from National Identification Service, Subject Access Office, Room 350, New Scotland Yard a letter confirming that there is no information held about me in the "Person Record" category of the Police National Computer. Above this statement there are categories Person record (in bold) and Prosecution/Conviction History. Thanks in advance for your reply.

No Title

Darina,

This sounds like the right document for the Police Certificate from London.
I got the same thing.

Good Luck

some questions

Hi, lokozo

Congratualations and thank you so much for sharing your
experience with us!

I have a few question:

1. How long did it take from you submitting DS230-I (Packet 3)
to receiving your P4 to interview? Did you try to contact
the embassy in between?

2. Did you take tax transcript with you, or is a copy
of tax return enough?

3. Should employment letter and I134 be notarized?

I am waiting anxiously for my interview!

London CP

I am waiting anxiously for CP in London too. I hear they have a backlog and are processing P3s received in March next week. Can anyone confirm else confirm this? If so I guess these interviews will be scheduled for May or June.