Follow to Join Spouse

ARJ1

Registered Users (C)
Hi There,

I'm From India. I Just Got 1-485 Approved And Stamped On My Passport. My Wife Is On J-1 And Finish Her 3 Year Hrr In May 2005. Does Anybody Know The Processing For Follow To Join Spouse Cases. How Long Will It Take To Get Her Approval? Is There A Long Delay For People From India?

Any Input Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks!

Anil

Hi ARJ1

I read the Home residency requirement is 2 year.You have written your wife is going to complete 3 yr hrr .Please clarify as I am going to take J1 visa and do HRR and follow to join for GC.

tictac2 said:
Hi ARJ1

I read the Home residency requirement is 2 year.You have written your wife is going to complete 3 yr hrr .Please clarify as I am going to take J1 visa and do HRR and follow to join for GC.
HRR is 2 years. If I were you I would not opt for J1 visa which requires 2HRR and do HRR. I would rather wait for some time for follow to join for GC. It is a real pain to get a waiver if you do not want 2HRR.

ARJ1 said:
Hi There,

I'm From India. I Just Got 1-485 Approved And Stamped On My Passport. My Wife Is On J-1 And Finish Her 3 Year Hrr In May 2005. Does Anybody Know The Processing For Follow To Join Spouse Cases. How Long Will It Take To Get Her Approval? Is There A Long Delay For People From India?

Any Input Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks!

Anil
If your wife finished 2 year Home Residency Requirement, she is eligible for green card application process (follow to join). You can start the process ASAP though follow to join case take some time. Good luck!