Follow to Join Procedure

485waitnzzzz

Hi All,
I have applied for I-485. I will going on vacation soon to get married. I want to apply for consular processing (follow to join) for my to be wife as I cant get her on h4 visa. I would like to the know steps involved and time it takes for each of the steps. I'm new to this forum and would appreciate answers from you all.
Thanks
485waitnzzzz

485waitnzzzz,

AOS (I-485 route) is completely different from CP route. Since you are going AOS route your to-be-wife will also be following AOS route as your are the pimary applicant and your-to-be-wife a derived benerifiary (dependent).

Just because you have I-485 filed, it doesn't mean that your H1 is not valid any more. If you have a valid H1 and it doesn't expire before your marriage, I think you can get H4 for your to-be-wife.

I think you should get married ASAP and get your marriage certificate and file 1-485 for your-wife-to-be and can still get GC at same time. I would strongly advise to consult an attorney and make a plan.

Thanks & Good Luck.

FTJ is the CP process for the spouse of a person who COMPLETES I-485 process in the U.S.

The primary requirement is that you should be married BEFORE your I-485 gets approved.

You should be able to get a CP appointment for your spouse about 4-6 months AFTER you get your I-485 approval.