Follow case for child

bjr1

CP Gurus,

Here is my case details.

My 485 was approved in Mar 02 and got Plastic card too. Applied i-824 ( CP for my child who is in India) along with my 485 and got approved. I contacted NVC; and they told me to contact Chennai directly ( NVC do not handle these kind of cases). I contacted Chennai and they asked me to send all the docs ( like my 485 approval, GC, I-824 approval, child's birth certificate etc). I had sent all the docs. Now they sent me the follwing docs.

1. Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applications ( Optional Form 169): It is a type of check list contains 10 items.

2. Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration ( OF 230 Part I- Biographic form).

3. Affidavit of Support ( I-134).

Here is my question.

Which of the above documents I should fill in now and send them back to Chennai and when to send other docs/forms?

My son is 10 years old ? Do I ( being parent, principle applicant and GC holder) need to accompany him into Chennai consulate or child has to go inside all alone ??

I know it is difficult to get response for these type of cases as they are very rare..

But hoping someone might have experience. Pl. share your ideas.

Thanks in advance.

:cool:

Hi,

I hope you have complted getting GC for your child.

Now I am in the same situation. My daughter is 5 years, now she is in INDIA. I have applied I824 for her along with my I485 and got approved today. I got my GC two weeks back. Now what is the procedure to get GC for my daughter. Could you please share your experience in this.

Thanks in advance

Not yet.. CP interview for my son is scheduled on 10/22.

This what I did.

Sent the notarized copies of the following to Chennai.

1. Principle applicant passport, 485 approval, GC and i-824 approval.
2. child's birth certificate, passport.

3. Send a covering letter specifying child name and address in India.

Once Consulte folks receive above docs; they will send you ( to Indian address) Pocket 3.

Fill in pocket 3 and send back to chennai.

Then they will send you Pocket 4 along with interview date.

This process completely eliminates NVC.

Send me a private email if you need any more info.
Also you may send an email to chennaiiv@state.gov.

Good luck.

child green card I-824

Hi,

How are you doing. How was the interview for your child.

I received a approval I824 which is applied for my daughter along with my I485. But the approval does not have my daughter's name. Its on my name. Is it same thing with your child approval notice. Could you please give me reply.

Thanks

shriusa,

Sorry I could not post immediatly.

My son CP went well. He got his IV. My father accompanied my son for CP interview. Since child his minor consulate folks let my father in. No Lab test was required as child is under 15. Only physical was done. Ofcourse my son will come to US in march 03 after his exams.

Yes, on I-824 your name will be there not the child's name. If you look at i-824 application ( you may have copy or get from lawyer); on Part - II you will find your child's name.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck.

:)

Congratulations!

Thanks for your reply. I got I824 approval Courtesy copy, but I did not find part 2. I got only one page. Is lawyer will have part 2?

Also what isl the Visa category for this type of IV ?

Please give me a reply.

Thanks for your help.

Part II is not in I-824 approval notice,it is in i-824 application form which was submitted to INS. In that you will have your child name.

About type of VISA. It in IV. The category will be same as yours ie eb1/Eb2/eb3 etc.