Folks, Please vote in this important POLL ! Shall we sue ??

Shall we file class action against USCIS ?

• Yes, and I will pay

Votes: 158 76.7%
  • Yes, but I cannot pay

Votes: 27 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 10.2%

• Total voters
Why we are Talking and not taking any action

How long we will be talking and exchanging views and not taking any action -- From the Rajeev words it is clear that we can sue them, so why not.

I am ready to pay upto $500 or more if required. We should form the team now and take action.:confused:

Re: Why we are Talking and not taking any action

Originally posted by shsa
How long we will be talking and exchanging views and not taking any action -- From the Rajeev words it is clear that we can sue them, so why not.

I am ready to pay upto $500 or more if required. We should form the team now and take action.:confused:

Our discussions will continue forever!!!!!

I think we lack dedicated people, I think that's the main reason we are stuck up at one place.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion there are two reasons to sue them.

1. People who applied through consular processing are able to get their GC in less than 8 months.

2. More than 15 months of delay after the first FP, due to which the FP is expiring and increases the time of adjustment.

I think the people are not taking active part because

1st they think if we sue them then BCIS will ruin their cases, for those who think in this way are wrong because if it happens then they can sue them again and can claim damages too.

2nd those who are the silent viewer are thinking if those guys sue them then it will be a win for them too so why take active part.

3rd one of my friend who was a silent viewer of the immigration portal want to take active part in this, so he created a new id -- but was unable to post in the thread even after subscribing to the thread as he was seeing a message like "unable to post because you don't have permissions", he also sent an email but got a response that the mail box is full -- so his message can't be delivered -- it seems there are some problem with the new id's.

In my opinion all those who want to take active part should collect the money and sue the BCIS for their cases -- at least their cases will be prioritize by the BCIS.

Where is the poll. I would like to vote. I think we need to sue the BCIS. I'm prepared for paying. Its turning out to be discrimatory - as several people applied from same places, same company, same FP date, same category etc...few of them are getting approved, and some are not getting approved for months as much as 6 to 8 months. What is the difference between the cases (in such instances) not approved and those who got approved months earlier - DISCRIMINATION

Dear active members of the core team,

I am sorry to join this discussion very late. But, I am curious to know the following:

1. What is your further course of action as far as suing is concerned.

2. At what stage your planning stands.

3. Any input from sensible lawyer regarding suing USCIS.

4. At what stage you need help from passive members like me who visit the website throw some suggestions but unable to take the lead.

BTW, I really appreciate your effort because you are not only doing it for yourself but whole bunch of immigrant filers who are not on this forum even.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Rustam
Dear active members of the core team,

I am sorry to join this discussion very late. But, I am curious to know the following:

1. What is your further course of action as far as suing is concerned.

2. At what stage your planning stands.

3. Any input from sensible lawyer regarding suing USCIS.

4. At what stage you need help from passive members like me who visit the website throw some suggestions but unable to take the lead.

BTW, I really appreciate your effort because you are not only doing it for yourself but whole bunch of immigrant filers who are not on this forum even.

Thanks.

Please follow our Backlog thread for further discussion on this.

Rajiv is in the process of registering Immigrationportal as non-profit organization. He is also discussing these issues with other attorneys. One of Rajiv's team is working on identify the basis for law suit.