folks please help, urgent....

sja

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am in the AOS process thro my employer, I have my EAD and AP, but I am maintaining H1-B still.

I got married on Apr 3 to a US. Citizen tommorow we are filing family based I-130 and I-485 at chicago local office. My husband stays in a different town,

I want to quit my job and go and stay with him after I send my papers, will I be out of status if I quit my job now? What is the worst that could happen?

I have heard a lot of conflicting answers, can someone please show me the right path. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
SJA

Inform INS about your marriage to US citizen and you can apply for family based GC. Once that is applied, you should not have any problem.

Thanks,

Can anyone please tell me how many days Chicago local office will take just to send me a receipt notice? if I mail all documents for I-485 on Apr, 9th. Appreciate all the help.

Thanks

My sister-in-law married to a US citizan. She filed it at local chicago office and received it in 4 weeks.

GirishAK1 thanks

Could you please tell me what status she was in when she filed? and when she filed? thanks