Flying on Kuwait Airways.

AjaySomani

Registered Users (C)
Friends:

I need some information. I know this is not the place to ask for such information, but hope moderator will allow it to remain on this portal for just one day. :)

I am planning to fly to New Delhi thru Kuwait Airways and back to USA in Dec 2004. I would appreciate if someone who has been thru that sector can share some information. My travel agent says - I will get hotel accomodation arranged by Airlines in Kuwait for 20 hours while on my journey back to USA. What sort of hotel is that? How expensive is food there? Can we get some veggie stuff too?

Other thing that is in my mind is how good place is Kuwait even for a 3 hour transit? In other words is it safe to travel thru Kuwait?

And last but not the least - anything that you feel one should know while travelling Kuwait/Mid East(I have never done it before - been thry Europe only). Feel free to guide me. Some people told me that Burka is must in mid-east and that you will be waked up for prayer during flight. I do not believe it but just wanted to confirm. (I know Brunei Airline does it.).

Moderator - TIA.

Ajay,

I am planning to fly to New Delhi thru Kuwait Airways and back to USA in Dec 2004. I would appreciate if someone who has been thru that sector can share some information. My travel agent says - I will get hotel accomodation arranged by Airlines in Kuwait for 20 hours while on my journey back to USA. What sort of hotel is that? How expensive is food there? Can we get some veggie stuff too?

Do not worry, Kuwait airways is fine airline. May there be a problem of connecting flights, thats why they booked the hotel.. Kuwait is a great place to visit.. There are lots & lots of indians.. You will get Veggie food also... It will be a bit cheaper then here & costlier then India... It is a safe place & you can hangaround if you want. I have been there 4 times.

And last but not the least - anything that you feel one should know while travelling Kuwait/Mid East(I have never done it before - been thry Europe only). Feel free to guide me. Some people told me that Burka is must in mid-east and that you will be waked up for prayer during flight. I do not believe it but just wanted to confirm. (I know Brunei Airline does it.).
No, they will not wake you up for Prayer. Airline has good veggi food also. Burkha is not Must in Kuwait.. mostly you will see Kuwait is more advanced then many parts of US in technology / infrastructure...

Last edited by a moderator:
I did fly thru' Kuwait. It was a good experience other than the travel after Kuwait to Mumbai when lots of baggage got in. But you should be fine.