Fly like an eagle.....Anyone with RD<5/99 please read..3/99 approved

tired

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,
here is my story and I have waited for a long long time to get my chance to spell the word "approved".
Anyway here are my details ID 8/97 ID 3/99 ND 3/99 EB2 No RE nothing so far. I have waited and waited , called II quite a few times and always hung up with frustration hearing the response,"please call back in two weeks and that every case is different and they cannot tell why mine is taking longer than others boa boa boa"

My lawyer did not make matters any easier by saying,"You have to wait until two years and only then we can do something about it" Being a regular on this board I have taken the advice of a few people who have been in my situation and immediately followed up by writing a letter to the congressman in my area and they really jumped on it and got it approved within a week. Been a long frustrating wait and this board has been a huge help and a place to share our frustrations , help out each other and to thank each other and I have been dying to get to this stage. Thanks for all those who have helped me directly and indirectly, and to Rajiv Khanna ofcourse.

Good luck to all those waiting and I definitely recommend any of you with RD\'s earlier than 5/99 to contact a congressman.

got a call from the congressman\'s office this morning saying that my case has been approved and boy, was it one of the sweetest calls I ever received after coming to this part of the world... I cannot tell how grateful I am to the congressman\'s office...

Tired..but recharged!!!

No Title

congratulations, tired. You are the first one in my list to get
approved. Hope to see more in future. I am still waiting with ND of
5/99. Talked to Senators office. There are getting 50 faxes a day.
Can you tell me which region you belongs to.

Congratulations again.

No Title

Congratulations. It would be helpful to everybody, if you can post the contents of letter. Which congress man did you contact and where will we get the information on local congress men.

No Title

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/
 is the website you can go to to find who (congressman, senator)serves your area. There maybe more than one serving your area. Carefully look at the websites of these congressmen and try to find the constituent services being offered by them. If they list Immigration services then preferably stick with them because they would be knowledgable about the issues and then you can correspond with them. I am from the Mc Lean,VA area and I contacted congressman Thomas M.Davis.

The letter is a simple one explaining your case with details like your pd,rd,nd etc. etc. and then they will send you a privacy release letter asking you to sign them and in my case they got it approved on the day they got it. Also include your 485 Receipt notice copy..

Good luck

No Title

Congratulations. If I contact two different congressman at the same time, is it OK.