"fly like a pigeon" syndrome

new_LPR

Registered Users (C)
What can the restless customer do if the post office does not deliver mails like they advertise in "Fly like an eagle" song?
Say your FP notice or interview notice does not arrive, but you have received CRIS notification that "we sent an RFE/FP/interview your way" ..way back.

What can you do?

- can your restless heart call 1800 # and can they tell you exactly the dates you were scheduled for any of those activities?

- Can you show up at the USCIS/supporting office WITHOUT the letter and explain it to them? Will they entertain you?

What can the restless customer do if the post office does not deliver mails like they advertise in "Fly like an eagle" song?
Say your FP notice or interview notice does not arrive, but you have received CRIS notification that "we sent an RFE/FP/interview your way" ..way back.

What can you do?

- can your restless heart call 1800 # and can they tell you exactly the dates you were scheduled for any of those activities?

- Can you show up at the USCIS/supporting office WITHOUT the letter and explain it to them? Will they entertain you?

I also suggest you call USPS and tell them to change their advertising motto

What can you do?

Do you receive regular mail (other than those letters) with no problem ?

Were you on vacation or out of town during the period when you were
expecting them ?

If you have same problem with regular mail, then talk to USPS. If not, most likely either USCIS didnt send out, delayed or lost.

Call the 800# and talk to proper IO until you get the info.

I dont think you can show up for FP without letter. I may be wrong, but it has barcode to scan.

And it's important to note, if you have a PO Box always check your residential address mail box too, my fingerprint notice came to my PO Box but the interview letter to my residential address.

What can you do?

If you believe that sufficient time has passed in comparison to other cases from your DO or elsewhere; you have 2 choices in my opinion:

1. You can call the 800 # and speak to the second level officer and they should be able to provide a better input about your case and give you directions on how to proceed. It can be tricky sometimes to get past the first level CS and be directed to the second level officer but where there is a will there is way.

2. The other option is to schedule an infopass and appear at the allocated time and speak to an officer in person at your DO.

Well, I am in town and I check my mail every day.
But since I live in an aptt, the postman/woman has and keeps making several swaps of mails belonging to several units.
I doubt he/she checks if the mail is sent from USCIS and makes it an effort to put it in the correct box.

so... there is a chance that I may not get a letter that they sent to me.
So my original qsns were -

- will the phone rep give me the exact dates that i am summoned?
- Can I go to USCIS/ASC without the letter and tell them the same? -> folks say NO, since they need to scan barcode. Jackof all lanterns told that they can PRINT a duplicate copy for fingerprinting if I make an infopass - can they do it for interview/oath etc?

Right now I am expecting a letter that they sent on 21st ( based on their email), but I did not receive as of 26th.
I dont know how long should I wait.

If they are suspicious I dont live there , I can show them tonnes of utility/credit card etc mails I receive at my address.
I can even give them pizza hut coupons and carpet cleaning offers sent right to my box ( in case they mess up the pizza):D:D

Well, I am in town and I check my mail every day.
But since I live in an aptt, the postman/woman has and keeps making several swaps of mails belonging to several units.
I doubt he/she checks if the mail is sent from USCIS and makes it an effort to put it in the correct box.

so... there is a chance that I may not get a letter that they sent to me.
So my original qsns were -

- will the phone rep give me the exact dates that i am summoned?
- Can I go to USCIS/ASC without the letter and tell them the same? -> folks say NO, since they need to scan barcode. Jackof all lanterns told that they can PRINT a duplicate copy for fingerprinting if I make an infopass - can they do it for interview/oath etc?

Right now I am expecting a letter that they sent on 21st ( based on their email), but I did not receive as of 26th.
I dont know how long should I wait.

If they are suspicious I dont live there , I can show them tonnes of utility/credit card etc mails I receive at my address.
I can even give them pizza hut coupons and carpet cleaning offers sent right to my box ( in case they mess up the pizza):D:D

OLD LRP,

I would recommend that you call the 1800 and request specific information on when you supposed to show up. While it solves the date of appearance, it doesn't solve your appearance in person on the day in question, you are required to bring the Notice of Action to the appointment. So, an info pass might be in order to receive this letter in person from IO at the local DO.

Living in an apartment is a challenge on its own, but owning your own property is no consolation at all to the mail mix-up. I recently found my mail box busting with mail, only to realise that the mail belonged to my neighbor and none for me. Among the mail, an invitation to join AARP:eek:, but I am not eligible and won't be for many years, but neighbor is in that neighborhood of AARP, so I walked across our lawn and explained the mix-up to him.;) Before this and after, I continue to receive our mail without any problems. I am nice to my mailman and engage in a small chitchat once in a while, but I know he's on a limited time and I keep my chat to about 3-5 minutes. Find out when his birthday is and be sure to buy him a nice card and send him out for a nice dinner with family. $100 dinner is miniscule compared to a timely delivery of your mail from USCIS.

Thanksgiving is coming along, do something for your mail man and show your appreciation for the work s/he's doing. If your mailman knows you by name and face, I am 100% s/he will ensure all your mail is there on time and is in the correct slot. ;) In addition, how many people do you see in your Apt Bulding taking the time to talk to the mailman? :confused: Very few I can assure. You will become distinct and different, and people appreciate those who take interest in what they do. I also talk to the trash people in my neighborhood, because I want to make sure that they know as much as my trash stinks (have a 10 month old son-diapers poop...:eek:), I appreciate that they put up with my stinky trash..:D

Ask me, when Xmas time comes along, I specifically buy some gift cards for my mail man and trash people, because without them, I won't be receiving all my mail, boxes delivered to my house and even the UPS/Fedex guys or my trash will be a hill, do something nice thing for the hardworking people yourself. :) You don't have to celebrate all these holidays to do good deeds to your fellowman..:D

And it's important to note, if you have a PO Box always check your residential address mail box too, my fingerprint notice came to my PO Box but the interview letter to my residential address.

That's a good point,

When I did the FP, the officer asked me to check the computer screen details and she said, "is this all still correct?" I noticed it had "mailing address" as my street address so I asked her to change that to the PO box.

Doesn't help the OP much, but may help others that read this.

Man... 27th and still no mail when the CRIS notification said they mailed a letter on 21st. I wonder what usps is doing.

I am soo much stuck now when others are hopping fast...

Its like everyone is madly making babies when I am still stuck looking for my sweetheart.:eek::eek:

new_LPR,

you are not alone, I am also received email that my RFE ( FP ) send on August 21st and still I didn't receive yet :(

I assume August 21st is Friday so maybe they just send it Monday or Tuesday ( at least that excuse that I gave to myself so I can be patient :) )