Florida DL,need help

Aliona

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Has anyone out there has renewed Florida driver license with Form I-797 - Notice of Action. I have a driver license but it expired in november 2004 after that my husband filed for me form I-130 but this takes too long, so anybody has any experience please help me.

So has anyone renewed a Driver License using just form I-797 only??

Please advise,

Thanks!!!!!!

Hi,

I dont know about the I-797 Im in Fl too. In my knowledge as long as you have a valid work permit you can get or renew your DL valid for the same expireration of the month, date , and year. hope this will help :)

jgban

Aliona said:
Hello,

Has anyone out there has renewed Florida driver license with Form I-797 - Notice of Action. I have a driver license but it expired in november 2004 after that my husband filed for me form I-130 but this takes too long, so anybody has any experience please help me.

Please advise,

Thanks!!!!!!
Hi,
today I renewed my driver license, I had just SSN and Form I-797C Notice of Action.

Good luck !

Hey, just wanted to ask WHICH notice of action you presented? I also live in Florida and I have NOA for i-130,i-485 & i-765! but I dont have a SSN yet.

irachka said:
Hey, just wanted to ask WHICH notice of action you presented? I also live in Florida and I have NOA for i-130,i-485 & i-765! but I dont have a SSN yet.

I presented NOA for I-130 and SSN. BTW I got my dr. license for 2 years.

Good luck

I got my ID :)

Hi, I got my ID.. well it should come in the mail sometime in the next 2-3 weeks, perhaps.

I also took the course & the learner's permit exam online (it asked for my A#, but it's in my i-485.. thats the one I used... no problem.) So, as soon as I get those two certificates I will be able to get my learner's permit :)

Now, I did have a rough time there at the DMV :( I saw the recepcionist there dispatching a lot of people who didnt have a GREEN CARD or WORK PERMIT or werent US CITIZENs. I was lucky because I arrived there very early and of course I never showed anything..I always said "yes, I have everything with me." :)

So You can get/renew your ID or DL with a NOA from i-130 or i-485 BUT not with the i-765.

Irachka!

Just an update.. I applied for my ID last NOV 17... so far nothing in the mail. I heard of people who got it in 7 days others in 20 days. I am still waiting... ^_^

Tomorrow I will go back again to the DMV but this time to get my Learner's Permit :)! I was told I will get a receipt and a interim DL (learner.)

ALIONA - i have the same 797C FORM and i have a ss#.. but still no ID.. PLEASE HELP and tell me about your experience! (my name isnt on the 797C form, my mom's is but i do have the i130 petition)

Yasyas, you're in California and the law is different here in FLORIDA, and with that 767c (NOA) you can't get ID nor DL, because your name is not there on the NOA, only in the actual i-130 application.

SORRY for the bad news.

i have no papers right now i came here legally with my parents in 92 and my situation still is not fixed but can i still get my id ? in florida?

It's a good thing that you came here legally. Now you aren't, you are out-of-status. (but it is a good thing when you finally get to fix your situation.)

DMV won't let you get a DL or ID if you don't show an immigration receipt also known as NOAS (notice of action) with YOUR NAME on it. That's the minimum they ask for. At least certain DMV's.

Got liscense with I485 receipt/3 DMV offices later

Husband and I spent all day to change address on liscense. 3 DMV offices, first 2 denied, 3 one no problem with I485 reciept and I130 reciept. first 2 just seemed stupid about what to do.

my husband went with his I-797 on the 27th of feb and it came in the mail yesterday. :)

Aliona said:
Hello,

Please advise,

Thanks!!!!!!

Hi

I went renew my DL and was not aware I had to take any documents with me.

Took me nearly one hour to get there due to traffice, three hours in line waiting only to be told, bring passport and notice of action!

Then over an hours drive back home.

Ahhhhhhhhh

Fl DL with the I797C

Does anyone know if a spouse can get a Drivers liscence using his wife's I797C form
You can get the Drivers Liscense using this form if it's in your name.

you canc get a dl renewed with this form but i don't know if you can get a new lisc.
Does anyone know about spouses??
Can they get a DL with their spouses I797C form??

Hi

You can get wither a new driving licence or renewal of driving license with INS documentation

In other words a notice of action which shows a prority date. They will give a DL to that date

Or say you have an I 94 in passport they will give you license to the date of I 94

If you have B visa in passport they will give you a DL for the duration from 6 months from entry

Regards Sue
www.expatsvoice.org

lines at dmv

do they still have the two lines at dmv in florida :
1) for us citiens
2) for aliens
p.s. i remember losing my license in 2002 while i was in fl in vacation and needed a license to drive back home
this happend in palm beach county fl