Flexibility of the Categories

igo8

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am a Mexican citizen on a J1 Visa currently working in a bank in NYC. Have a job offer as a business analyst from a US company and they need me asap. I can only think of a TN visa to go ahead and make this change, however, I don't fit into any of the categories. I could fit either into management consultant or economist, but have a degree in Political Science (University of Pennsylvania) and three and a half years work experience in mostly economic related subjects.

How flexible are these requirements if the job description I have can match either of these categories given that the company is willing to adjust some of the language? Would having NASD Series 7 certification as a trader help for the economist category? Getting a professor to attest to my background in political economy? Is the five years management category set in stone? Still trying to define my best course of action.

thanks and Happy New Years!!

igo8 said:
Hello,

I am a Mexican citizen on a J1 Visa currently working in a bank in NYC. Have a job offer as a business analyst from a US company and they need me asap. I can only think of a TN visa to go ahead and make this change, however, I don't fit into any of the categories. I could fit either into management consultant or economist, but have a degree in Political Science (University of Pennsylvania) and three and a half years work experience in mostly economic related subjects.

How flexible are these requirements if the job description I have can match either of these categories given that the company is willing to adjust some of the language? Would having NASD Series 7 certification as a trader help for the economist category? Getting a professor to attest to my background in political economy? Is the five years management category set in stone? Still trying to define my best course of action.

With cases like your's which are not at all clearly determined, it is best to seek some professional legal help. A lawyer will be able to draft the TN letter in such a fashion that it should be permissable. Try using a very expereinced TN lawyer such as Grasmick.