Flash: Visa Update for July..

cool_desi_gc

Registered Users (C)
UPDATE ON JULY VISA AVAILABILITY

The sudden backlog reduction efforts by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices during the past month have resulted in the use of almost 60,000 Employment numbers. As a result of this unexpected action it has been necessary to make immediate adjustments to several previously announced cut-off dates. All Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices have been notified of the following:

Effective Monday July 2, 2007 there will be no further authorizations inresponse to requests for Employment-based preference cases. All numbers available to these categories under the FY-2007 annual numerical limitation

have been made available. Employment preference numbers will once again be available to these chargeability areas beginning October 1, 2007, under the FY-2008 annual numerical limitation.

Department of State Publication 9514
CA/VO: July 2, 2007

Unbelievable...

What does this mean?

The sudden backlog reduction efforts by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices during the past month have resulted in the use of almost 60,000 Employment numbers. As a result of this unexpected action it has been necessary to make immediate adjustments to several previously announced cut-off dates. All Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices have been notified of the following:

Effective Monday July 2, 2007 there will be no further authorizations inresponse to requests for Employment-based preference cases. All numbers available to these categories under the FY-2007 annual numerical limitation have been made available. Employment preference numbers will once again be available to these chargeability areas beginning October 1, 2007, under the FY-2008 annual numerical limitation.

Unbelievable...

Bulletin clearly mentions that no more visa numbers will be available. So no more approvals till Oct 1st, 2007.

No doubt about that.

Does it also means that they'll stop rejecting I-485 applications if July bulletin still shows all dates current? I guess, they will. They did that for Other Workers. Sigh!

They do mention that several categorizes would be affected.
They dont mention anything about if the applications being filed this month or for that matter this week or even today/tomorrow would be accepted or not.

They dont have the detailed table on the dates.

Do they still take applications or not ? Do they process the application and privide EAD,AP etc and worry about 485 approvals when the numbers are avilable ? Damn this update is not very clear.

"there will be no further authorizations inresponse to requests for Employment-based preference cases"

Not very clear. What does authorization. Seems like they will not issue a receipt ie not give a 485 receipt number. Just guessing..

Do they still take applications or not ? Do they process the application and privide EAD,AP etc and worry about 485 approvals when the numbers are avilable ? Damn this update is not very clear.

I think it means the service centers and consulates requested all the remaining visa numbers for the fiscal year and have received them from the Department of State.

But I don't think all those numbers have actually been used for approvals yet. So the numbers being held by the service centers and consulates can still continue to be used for approvals.

What does this mean?

Nothing much really, except:

1. Your I-485 applications will be rejected.
  2. All your money spent has gone down the drain.
  3. Your spouse -if waiting for EAD to work- will not be able to work anytime soon.
  4. You made your relatives in India to run around urgently for nothing.
  5. Money spent on medical may be a complete waste (if you're not able to file within a year).
  6. If you canceled your traveling plans to file for I-485, your money is wasted.
  7. You went through an emotional roller coaster for nothing.
  8. Don't dream of GC anytime soon.

"there will be no further authorizations inresponse to requests for Employment-based preference cases"

Not very clear. What does authorization. Seems like they will not issue a receipt ie not give a 485 receipt number. Just guessing..
The Department of State, which distributes visa numbers to the service centers and consulates, will not give them any more that are requested for EB cases.

Chances are no new I-485s will be accepted, but there is still some hope of approval for cases already pending (assuming that the service centers and consulates still have some possession of visa numbers that have not yet been actually used for approvals).

Jackolantern, looks like you interpreted it correctly.

I think it means the service centers and consulates requested all the remaining visa numbers for the fiscal year and have received them from the Department of State.

But I don't think all those numbers have actually been used for approvals yet. So the numbers being held by the service centers and consulates can still continue to be used for approvals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think DOS should have come up with a fresh VB instead of this supplement. I too believe that USCIS have not used up all the VISAs. Someone in a thread talked to IO and was told about assignment of VISA #s to case which are likely to be approved.... I don't know how far this is true...

Apparently, the rain of approvals have stopped...

THIS SUCKS!!! MORE WAIT!!!

If visa number is unavailable in the Visa Bulletin, it appears that the USCIS is unable to accept the 485 applications under the USCIS regulation. It is thus likely that all the applications which they received or will receive today may be rejected and returned. The current situation is different from the other worker cases rejection in June in that in that case, the State Department did not officially revised the Visa Bulletin. However, we will have to wait and see the anticipated announcement from the USCIS.
This Visa Bulletin revision also implies that there will be no EB-485 approvals during July, August, and September 2007!!!!! Accordingly all the recent approvals practically ended as of July 1, 2007 and there will be no adjudication of any employment-based I-485 applications. For the reasons, those EB-485 waiters who fail to receive the approval notices within this week will have to endure further hardships and emotional trauma. Now, people understand what Washington did to them. Had they passed the SKIL bill, all of these problems would have disappeared. We still wonder who invented the point system that helped to induce the business community to oppose the CIR and partially killed the bill. History will tell.

the updated visa bulletin means, "WE WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT ALL OF YOU PAY THE INCREASED FEES SO YOU HAVE TO FILE AFTER JULY 30, 2007"

The Department of State, which distributes visa numbers to the service centers and consulates, will not give them any more that are requested for EB cases.

Chances are no new I-485s will be accepted, but there is still some hope of approval for cases already pending (assuming that the service centers and consulates still have some possession of visa numbers that have not yet been actually used for approvals).

This may be possible .. But Based on what dates they will approve Cases as Visa dates are not avilable for any Category?!!!!!!!

In Other News

Effective Monday July 2, 2007 there will be no further authorizations inresponse to requests for Employment-based preference cases. All numbers available to these categories under the FY-2007 annual numerical limitation
have been made available. Employment preference numbers will once again be available to these chargeability areas beginning October 1, 2007, under the FY-2008 annual numerical limitation.

Unbelievable...

In other news, the movie Ocean's Fourteen was released today.
This fantastic plot is very different from the earlier series.

Danny Ocean alongwith some of his men working in the USCIS and DOS pull
off the biggest trick of their bags - making money off millions of legal
immigrants who wish to be part of the 'Great American Dream'.

His evil cronies make all Employment based categories current in the USCIS
July Bulletin. This leads to millions of hapless immigrants running helter skelter
to get their I-485 papers ready.

Thousands of Doctors, Attorneys, Airline ticket agents and even municipal
birth office registry officials make tons of money, a percentage of which goes
to Danny Ocean's bank account.

At the awesome climax of the movie, Danny's cronies literally pull the rug of
the 'on-cloud-nine' poor immigrants by revising the Visa bulletin just before
the I-485 submission day begins.

Special appearance by Mr Prakash Khatri who submits an Ombudsman report
which heightens the expectation that the GC process will soon be streamlined
efficiently.

Don't miss this 'Highly Probable Oscar Winner'. Now playing at all Visa Processing Centers near you.

Hurry before the tickets for this movie, like the USCIS new fees, are revised
on July 30th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I strongly believe that the visa numbers might have been allotted to cases bending and ready to approve and thus there is no more visa available, and in the next 3 months this cases will be approved after scrutiny.
If all visas are issued (60000) in June, assume so?,and they are not going to receive any more applications then what all these immigration officers will do?

really cool - analogy

In other news, shooting for Ocean's Fourteen has begin in Washington DC.
This fantastic plot is very different from the earlier series.

Danny Ocean alongwith some of his men working in the USCIS and DOS pull
off the biggest trick of their bags - making money off millions of legal
immigrants who wish to be part of the 'Great American Dream'.

His evil cronies make all Employment based categories current in the USCIS
July Bulletin. This leads to millions of hapless immigrants running helter skelter
to get their I-485 papers ready.

Thousands of Doctors, Attorneys, Airline ticket agents and even municipal
birth office registry officials make tons of money, a percentage of which goes
to Danny Ocean's bank account.

At the awesome climax of the movie, Danny's cronies literally pull the rug of
the 'on-cloud-nine' poor immigrants by revising the Visa bulletin just before
the I-485 submission day begins.

Special appearance by Mr Prakash Khatri who submits an Ombudsman report
which heightens the expectation that the GC process will soon be streamlined
efficiently.

Don't miss this 'Highly Probable Oscar Winner'. Now playing at all Visa Processing Centers near you.

Hurry before the tickets for this movie, like the USCIS new fees, are revised
on July 30th.

But you just don't have to watch it, be part of it ...and we are part of it.

EB3, India
@VSC
PD - Dec 2001
485 RD - Dec 2004
FP1 (code3):05/2005 , FP2(code1): 05/2007
Case x'fered to TSC 3/7/2007
Last LUD change: 5/22/07
Waiting on 485 AD: ?

look for positive side..

Guys,
Don't worry much....good thing will happen..matter of time

Look for the positive side of past two weeks..atleast I know that I don't have AIDS,TB,STD and I have immunization.

Lets enjoy the great weather

Have Fun !

I align with Jackolantern. I was thinking the same. There is no way USCIS used 60,000 visa number in June 2007 as stated in July Visa Update. Do not think Service centers(TSC+NSC+Consulates) are capable to use 60,000 visas in a month. I feel like service centers requested visa numbers for each pending application and got/reserved for each application. Now they will start processing in coming 3 months (Until October 01, 2007) .