Fix the Material Support Bar

Dear All,

I just wrote a letter to Senator Leahy.
Please let us engulf him with our letter in the coming 2 weeks to get our voice heard loud. If any one of you live in state of Vermont, please get hold of Senator Leahy's staff and address our issue.

It is really frustrating to sit back and wait for the never ending "hold" to be lifted.

Please let us get united guys !!

Happy holidays!!

I shall do the same tomorrow. Its about time we actually did something instead of "sit and wait".

I have prepared my letter to senator Leahy and it is ready to be sent first thing in the morning.

Would you please send us the facebook link to the new group?

Type in "Material Support Bar"

and a group will pop up. I seriously don't believe how it will work out though. Ordinary Facebookers don't have a clue on what's going on and I doubt they will care about our causes too. Unless we get like 1 million people joining the group, I just don't see how it will work out but nevertheless, lets give it a shot. We really don't have anything to lose.

Guys,

Please contact everbody affected by this bar and let them write letters to Senator Leahy. I wrote another letter to senator Kyl who was the co-sponsor of the CAA 2007 with Senator Leahy.

If you know who lives in the the state of Vermont or Arizona, please let them contact Senator Leahy's and Senator Kyl's offices.

Since the health care bill has already passed today, the senators will have some time to look at other issues after this holiday season. So, we have to capture their attention as much as possible.

Happy holidays and good luck to all of us!!

Has anybody heard anything about this? This is getting agonizingly painful. I might even delay filing for Green Card because I fear my case will be put on hold too.

hi guys,

please, let us do something ..time is flying with out any progress.
I am totally frustrated with this "material support" thing ...where is the end of our wait?
How can it take DHS/USCIS forever to apply the waiver?

hi guys,

please, let us do something ..time is flying with out any progress.
I am totally frustrated with this "material support" thing ...where is the end of our wait?
How can it take DHS/USCIS forever to apply the waiver?

We really should do something! I guess this facebook group wasn't such a good idea after all. But it is worth a shot. and where did everyone go? GUYS GUYS lets get moving! Let's do something for real! I have been sending letters lefts and rights but I guess one person will not make a difference! We have to think of a better way to reach out to those in the same boat with us to let them know and put our hands together. If you are in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area or somewhere close please let's get together and discuss this matter seriously! I am in NC but I don't mind to come and meet with you guys at all...as long as we can think of a logical solution. Please let me know. Good luck to all of us

Hi Guys,
My asylum case was on hold for the past 2 years, I got a notice from USCIS this week for another round of interview. I am a bit nervous with this interview. Why do they want to interview me again after 2 years?

Is there any body in this forum who has the same experience...? actually this is my 3rd interview at the asylum office. Isn't it kind of bizare to be interviewed 3 times for the same case ?

Please let me know your opinions and wish me good luck this time....

huuhhhhh

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies ladies and gents. I moved to California and my new cable providers were short of technicians ( anybody looking for a job?! ). Anyways, I got the internet connected today and I shall be more prompt!

Asylee 2007, I am really sure that this is an indication of you getting approved. I now know 5 people who've been approved in recent weeks. I actually talked to another person who I met on a different forum ( we're from the same country ) and he suggested that I actually hired an attorney. While many in here and everywhere have been suggesting that hiring an attorney is useless, most people in that forum believe that hiring an attorney is the quickest way to go. I haven't talked to him over the phone, yet ( he already shared his phone number ) and I should be able to find out more after I talk to him on the phone.

the.walker,

I hope it will turn out to be good...

Just for your info, I have a lawyer but she did nothing to resurrect my case, I am pretty sure about that. It just got resurrected in its own time. My lawyer was just waiting for the stars to align.... litrellay speaking.

I don't see why you need a lwayer now. I believe DHS is just applying the waiver on case by case basis. Believe me I have been reading about this thing for more than 2 years and lawyers have no power in this specific bar. Just wait for the right time. That is what I learned from my experience. This is just my personal opinion not a legal advise though.

Good luck to all of us!!

Good point there Asylee. I'm gonna contact the Senator whose help I'd sought previously. Its basically a shot in darkness but what's there to lose...I really hope more people receive their approvals soon....

the.walker,

Were the 5 people you know who got approved recently re-interviewed?
or they just got an approval letter ?

I am freaked out ...

What are they going to ask me now..? I mean they have already asked me whatever they should in the past 2 interviews.
It is really frustrating to be interviewd after 2 years for the 3rd time... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Refugee Protection Action of 2010

Guys we have Refugee Protection Action of 2010 that was introduced yesterday Monday 3/15/2009 by Senator Patrick Leahy. Please go wwwimmigrantjusticeorg and look for Action Alert: Tell Senators to Support the Refugee Protection Act of 2010 link. Please also spread the word to your family and friends.

The site wouldn’t let me post any link, but please Google “The Refugee Protection Action of 2010” or go directly to Senator Patrick Leahy website to read about it.
For the link to send e- mail and spread the word please go to wwwdemocracyinactionorg (sorry I couldn't insert the dots because of the website).

Last edited by a moderator:
asylee, none of the people who've received their approvals were re interviewed.

There is some positive new, but I have to say I am cautionly optimistic. Plus senator leahy bill, if any one heard about the supreme court is discussing the material support bar now and also you need to see the DHS report http://www.scribd.com/doc/27730389/DHS-Progress-Report.
Everyone here need to contact his senator and his congressman and send at least 5 letters or email weekly, also you need to tell your friend to do so, all these positive news because the people in this blog and other blogs are start to move