Five months since deschedule and still waiting...

betyou

Registered Users (C)
Do I have any other options?

DO - Jacksonville, FL

01/26/2009 : N-400 mailed
02/02/2009 : Notice Date
02/05/2009 : FP ND
02/20/2009 : FP Appt
02/20/2009 : FP Done
03/05/09 - IL (with 04/13 Interview date - one week prior to 5 year maturity date)
03/06/09 - IDL(Interview deschedule letter)
06/04/09 - Spoke with IO - I was asked to wait and call back after 45 days
08/05/09 - Second call - IO added a note to local office - asked me to call back in Sep
XX/XX/XX - Reschedule letter

DO - Jacksonville, FL

01/26/2009 : N-400 mailed
02/02/2009 : Notice Date
02/05/2009 : FP ND
02/20/2009 : FP Appt
02/20/2009 : FP Done
03/05/09 - IL (with 04/13 Interview date - one week prior to 5 year maturity date)
03/06/09 - IDL(Interview deschedule letter)
06/04/09 - Spoke with IO - I was asked to wait and call back after 45 days
08/05/09 - Second call - IO added a note to local office - asked me to call back in Sep
XX/XX/XX - Reschedule letter

Have you made an infopass with local DO? We made one on thos coming Friday. But I suspect we won't get anything more informative than from USCIS toll free number.

But I think if the case has transfer to the local DO, NBC will NOT know what is going on with local office anymore. Local office may wait to accumulate enough canceled interview cases before they reschedule them

Last edited by a moderator:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/casemgmt.pdf

This USCIS interoffice memo says:

"Rescheduled interview - since rescheduling is costly, every effort should be made to conduct the interview scheduled. We should only reschedule an interview at customer request where there are compelling extenuating circumstances beyond the individual's control. When we do reschedule an
interview, the rescheduled interview should occur within 11 weeks of the initially scheduled interview"

WBH - thanks for sharing the info. I think I've already completed 16 weeks since my initial interview date. I am not sure if USCIS really care about their own guidelines.

No. I didn’t take an infopass. Please keep me posted with your experience.

WBH - thanks for sharing the info. I think I've already completed 16 weeks since my initial interview date. I am not sure if USCIS really care about their own guidelines.

No. I didn’t take an infopass. Please keep me posted with your experience.

Jacksonville is already processing january applications. You should
contact the DO for an inquiry unless you want to just abandon it and
forget about it.

Or maybe a reschedule letter is sent but it is lost by USPS. You just never know.

Otherwise I don't know why it is so hard for USCIS to reschdule. To me it is a simple matter of
puting a case back into the queue

My interview was originally scheduled for July 17th, and I received descheduling notice on July 8th.
I called hotline every week to see whether the new one was scheduled and finally someone said there is a problem with my file. I went to my local office (SF) on Monday and apparently my file did not arrive from cental office. Intead, it ended up in Sacramento :O My GC process was originally started in Sacramento, in 2001, so I am thinking that's what could have happened- when central location received request for a file transfer, instead of sending it to SF, they sent it to the place it has originally came from- Sacramento.
From my experience it could take up to 6 months for them to transfer the file (that's how long it took them in 2002 when I moved.)

I am planning a trip to Sacramento on Monday to see what is going on.
In my experience, unless you go to the office and talk to someone, nothing gets done. Maybe its also the case with you, when the file got lost? The IO I was talking to said my file went to 7 different locations without any reason in those 7 years since I started immigration process.

Yesterday I sent a letter to CIS Ombudsman explaining my case delays. Based on other posts in this forum, I am hoping that Mr Ombudsman office will follow up on my case too:). I've read very discouraging experiences with infopass.

WBH - any update on your infopass experience?

Yesterday I sent a letter to CIS Ombudsman explaining my case delays. Based on other posts in this forum, I am hoping that Mr Ombudsman office will follow up on my case too:). I've read very discouraging experiences with infopass.

WBH - any update on your infopass experience?

Yes. The infopass appointment lady today told us they only placed the case back into the queue on 12 au 2009, 2 days ago and we shoulld wait for sometime and she said we would get it soon although we had to ask her how long it usually take and she said 4 to 6 weeks. I specifically asked who placed the case into the queue and she said it was Philadelphia office not NBC and the reshcedluing letter would come from Philadelphia. At this moment, I can only say infopass is more usueful than the USCIS 1800 line and we have to take her words for it

Finally today I got reschedule letter for 09/28 interview date. However, my wife's case is still in queue for the interview (we both applied together and received previous interview date and deschedule letters together)

Finally today I got reschedule letter for 09/28 interview date. However, my wife's case is still in queue for the interview (we both applied together and received previous interview date and deschedule letters together)

Well. Congratulations for your interview appointment coming.

At least it means descheduled cases will be eventually rescheduled :(