First Timer Questions - By Car, Engineer, with an American Girlfriend

dnh

Hi,
I'm getting ready to drive to the States to begin work as a Biomedical Engineer. I've been reading everything I can get my hands on, but I don't have a grasp of exactly how tricky the process is. Please help!

a) Must the position be "Engineer" or is "Biomedical Engineer" okay?
b) I'm planning to cross at Windsor/Detroit with a car full of personal belongings suitable for a one-year stay. Is this a bad idea?
c) My girlfriend will be in the car with me. She is dual American/Canadian. We both have family/financial ties to Canada. Will this be an impediment?

My sincere thanks to anyone that can provide input or share their experiences. I hope to repay the favour in future.

-DNH

dnh said:
Hi,
I'm getting ready to drive to the States to begin work as a Biomedical Engineer. I've been reading everything I can get my hands on, but I don't have a grasp of exactly how tricky the process is. Please help!

a) Must the position be "Engineer" or is "Biomedical Engineer" okay?
b) I'm planning to cross at Windsor/Detroit with a car full of personal belongings suitable for a one-year stay. Is this a bad idea?
c) My girlfriend will be in the car with me. She is dual American/Canadian. We both have family/financial ties to Canada. Will this be an impediment?

a) use engineer in the letter
b)no problem
c) not a problem.