First time h1 stamp in Canada; need advise

glus

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
How do you go about this. I would appreciate your thaughts.
Person came to the US 7 years ago on B2. Changed to F1 and received his BS degree in the US, then changed to H1 (received a new I94). The person never left the US for the past 7 years and can show all the I20s while on F1 with no gaps. His I94 is valid until 1/2009. The person wants to go out to Canada for first-time H1 stamp. The person does not have a passport with a B2 visa on which she came as the passport expired and a new blank passport was issued in the US. The old passport is missing, but a copy of the B2 visa is available.

What are the chances of successful stamping in Canada? The person does not work for a consulting company. Please share your experiences/thaughts.

Thank You.

G

Since degree was completed after change to F1 chances are good. If degree had not been completed there would be 0% chance.

But make sure about the lost passport by calling consulate in advance.

Hi guys,
How do you go about this. I would appreciate your thaughts.
Person came to the US 7 years ago on B2. Changed to F1 and received his BS degree in the US, then changed to H1 (received a new I94). The person never left the US for the past 7 years and can show all the I20s while on F1 with no gaps. His I94 is valid until 1/2009. The person wants to go out to Canada for first-time H1 stamp. The person does not have a passport with a B2 visa on which she came as the passport expired and a new blank passport was issued in the US. The old passport is missing, but a copy of the B2 visa is available.

What are the chances of successful stamping in Canada? The person does not work for a consulting company. Please share your experiences/thaughts.

Thank You.

G