First time H1-B Stamping

PeaceMaker

Hello All,

I'm about to get the H1-B stamping for the first time. I am from Bangalore and I used TT Services for drop-box facility as H1-B folks are eligible for drop-box facility, per requirements laid out by the consulate.

However, I got response back from the consulate stating that I need to appear in person.

I need to know if anyone was in the same boat as I am, also what all should I be prepared for ? Could you please list out the things I need to do so that I am prepared for the personal interview.

A IMPORTANT NOTE: Even though, it says first time H1-B folks are eligible for drop-box facility, it is Highly recommended not to use it, as you are bound to receive a letter back from the consulate for a personal interview. Save your Rs 300/- instead.

Thanks,
PeaceMaker.

Dont generalize your experience. Most of the first time H1 visa applicants get the visa.
Unless you give more info about your educational credentials, employment record, employer's viability and record with US consulate it is difficult to determine what kind of docs will be required. Didnt the interview notice mention why you are called? Did you file all the docs (including photo of the employer's office?)?

Anyway, you will get another opportunity to produce all the docs that will be requested at the time of interview.

All documents were furnished

All documents were furnished including academic credentials etc, except the photographs of the new employer.

Didn't know that the photos was a req for stamping. However, I'm going to try another shot. Just so you know, I'm a teacher. Please let me know if you have any suggestions before I go for the personal interview.

I still believe that the first timers are better off appearing at the consulate than using the drop-box facility.

Take care,
Peace

H1-B First time

Hi,

My wife was here in USA with me on H4 and she got an H1-B recently. Right now she is in India to get her H1 visa stamping. She is in Medical field. If anybody had any experience with this kind of situation please let me know about what documents they required for stamping. (Even though she got the H1-B approval she did not start working for the hospital due to some other reson).

Thanks,
AAL