First NOID, then RFE...Whats Next?

triv9986

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Probably some of you may know that I got NOID from TSC for my EB-1A petition saying that they didn't receive documents. So yesterday I modified the cover letter little bit and send documents again. Now today I received RFE, which asked me to ignore NOID notice.

The RFE basically asks for everything. It has all 10 criteria listed along with something specific about my case like

1. You indicate that your computer code for....is routinely used by National laboratories and industries? How has your work benefited your profession and and any other interests outside of your profession? Has your work been used or implemented in any way by others, either within or outside of your profession? Please respond in detail and submit evidenc ein support of your response?

2. What are the criteria for selection for nomination for inclusion in the publication, Who's Who in Science and Engineering and Who's Who in America? ........I probably made mistake mentioning these awards. I have no idea why I got inviation for such biographies and I don't know if it is significant.

But overall it looks like I have to redo everything. I can probably get another dozen of recommendation letter but I don't know if that would help.

Guys any suggestions on how to respond?

Thanks,

Triv

Triv,

It seems that we are on the same boat. It's difficult to work on the RFE because somehow I kind of lost my momentum. But Let's fight back together. I just contacted people to get some additional letters because this will take some time. Next I will work on the letter again responding to the RFE.

It seems that some are common mistakes such as fellowship awards and who's who. I also got such question in my RFE. Anyone has some experience how to answer such questions?

For my case, the focus will be how to answer their concern that many achievements before my employment (e.g., honors/publications during or even before Ph.D. study--but I am in the same field) is related to establish extrordinaroy ability in my field. Anyone has some suggestion how to respond?

Thanks all and good luck to all!

Hi Triv9986

I have used the Who's Who biography list under the published material about the alien in the professional or major trade publications. I have quoted the following sentenses from the material they have sent when my biography proof was sent to me. As someone mentioned in some other posts, Who's Who does;t ask you pay money for biography listing or to buy a book, but it is upto you whether you buy it or not. So, this is unsolicited request based on your achievements.

I have wrote the following para in my cover letter, I hope this will help you.

Submit evidence that material has been published about you in professional or major trade publications or other major media. Include clear evidence of the content and circulation of those media. If the media have carried articles about nationally or internationally renowned individuals, submit evidence of this.

For my renowned expertise and distinguished research contributions to the fields of, A, B, C my biography was included in Marquis Who’s Who in the World 2006, Who’s Who in Asia and Who’s Who in Emerging Leader in Asia and Prestige Who’s Who Registries of International Professionals.

Since 1899, Who's Who in America® has chronicled the lives and careers of America's most noteworthy men and women. That was the mission of founder, Albert Nelson Marquis, who selected 8,602 distinguished people for the First Edition in 1899. Today, the Marquis Who's Who family of directories has grown to include the biographies of millions of leaders and achievers from around the world, and from every significant field of endeavor. Today, Marquis Who's Who has grown to include the biographies of millions of leaders and achievers from around the world and from every significant field of endeavor. Executives, journalists, educators, libraries, and researchers of all kinds consult our online biographical database and specialized directories for in-depth, accurate information they can use with confidence. (See http://www.marquiswhoswho.com/index.asp).

Marques Who’s Who is known worldwide as the premier and standard source of biographical information. Who’s’ Who in the World is the source for current biographic information documenting the lives of the world’s most distinguished individuals. For over 30 years. Who’s Who in the World has filled a critical reference need. Who’s Who in the World is recognized as the foremost biographical guide to outstanding men and women around the world and from all significant fields of endeavor.

Who’s Who Selection of biographies is based on reference value. Individuals are listed because of the positions they have attained and noteworthy achievements that have proved to be of lasting value to society. Fame alone is not a criterion. Only demonstrated accomplishments can earn a place in Who’s Who in the World (see Exhibit X for evidence).

best

psn

Thanks Haimi and psn

This information will be very useful. I understand that it is very tough to start all over again......especially when we have prepared first submission so carefully. Nowadays most of the referres are asking to send the draft letter and it really takes a lot of time to prepare them so that they don't look alike. Fortunately, in my case most of them wrote by themselves but it appears that it is not sufficient.

Anyways I have 12 weeks to respond so hopefully I can afford to spend some time for recovery before restarting the process. From the previous posts, it seems that they may not consider any new publications or citations after the application was submitted. So probably we can only emphasize of what was submitted with additional letters.

Thanks for your help and I will keep you post with my progress.

Triv

Hi Triv9986

As per law that is true that they wont consider any publications after the initial petition date. But for RFE repply it is always better to submit whatever you have extra from the intitial submission which include but not limited to publications, citations, conference presentations, news articles etc. So, try to put together whatever you have and write your cover letter answering their queries one by one in the order of your most strengthful criteria first.

best

psn

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi psn,

Thanks for the info. did you got approved? I saw on your earlier post that you got similar RFE asking evidence in all 10 requirements. Did you consult lawyer?

Thanks,

Triv