First H1 starting on Oct 1, can I transfer now?

aa2aa

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am on OPT. My employer filed an H1 for me and it's approved to start working on Oct 1, 2006. Can I file an H1 transfer to work for any other employer now (Aug 2006)?

Thanks.

No, only after Oct 1, 2006 until than you are in your OPT status.

aa2aa said:
Hi,

I am on OPT. My employer filed an H1 for me and it's approved to start working on Oct 1, 2006. Can I file an H1 transfer to work for any other employer now (Aug 2006)?

Thanks.

aa2aa said:
Hi,

Thanks.

I think you may have your new employer submit the paper work now first, and you should get the receipt of notice in few weeks. then by Oct 1 u can start the new job right away. i am not 100% sure of this, but I have the same case as u. u may want to double check on that.

Hi, Chanh2k4. I am on the same boat. was your case approved and when? actually my application has been submitted, I have not received any response from USCIS by now, but I heard many other negative feedback from other lawyer. They mentioned something about Memo released in April, 2006, which make such case nearly impossible.

moonlightmist,

Yes, I just received the Notice of Approval on around Aug 24. My employer sent out the paper work around the end of May. They actually told me I propably wouldn't hear anything back from USCIS until Sep.