First email said 485 approved then next day email back to fingerprint received

ricpa

Registered Users (C)
I received an e-mail from uscis that my 485 was approved on 5/4, notice mailed, etc. I was so excited and checked online - same message. The following day, I get another e-mail saying "on may 5, your fingerprint was received...":( Now online also says, fingerprint received. Has anyone had the same experience?

What should I make of this? Is my case approved or not? BTW, my spouse still says fingerprint received.

485 RD 9/23/02
485 ND 10/1/02
1st FP 11/29/02
2nd FP 4/13/04
2 EADs, no AP

All you can do now is wait for notifications. Try calling customer support, but i am don't think they won't be of much help as they also relay on the same data.

SHIT.

It's just so strange.

atleast somthing happened with your case. Hopefully you'll get it approved. Wait for the notices. Thats all you can do at the moment.

did you do early FP2

ricpa, I was wondering if you went for early FP2 (i.e.) before your scheduled FP2 date.

But I think its good news that atleast they are looking at your application. Hopefully you will get approval soon. Good luck.

It is unlikely

that they will approve a sep'02 case. They are far behind than that, unless you are in EB1 category. Sorry!

Re: It is unlikely

Originally posted by WaitinginQ
that they will approve a sep'02 case. They are far behind than that, unless you are in EB1 category. Sorry!

EB1,2 or3 makes no difference at 485 stage. There are even Nov 2002 caese approved.

Re: did you do early FP2

No, I didn't do early FP. I went when scheduled. Interesting thing is the online message got updated with the fingerprint message a week after the FP date but date kept changing everyday. I did see other posts where the same thing was happening.

I'm just going to have to wait for the notice in the mail, I guess. Hope it comes. I'll keep you guys posted.

Tufan

I did contact cust svc and was transferred to an immigration officer. He tried to help but the last status he can see on the screen was dated 4/29 (approval e-mail was 5/4). He was equally baffled and said if it is a mistake that it sure is a "cruel joke". He couldn't do anything, though. Advised me to keep checking status and wait for hard copy.

ricpa

As you metioned in one of your earlier posts that your fingerprint received message was changing everyday, it is possible that whatever was causing that daily update overwrote the approval message for your case. Let's just hope that the screw-up didn't happen in their overall system and the approval was forwarded to other departments necessary to complete the proceedings.

Darn,,,

Just when I thought I would start thanking Rajiv and you (all) for being so supporting etc. etc. etc.,,,,, I got the approval email today, it says its

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On May 6, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I guess, I have to wait till tomorrow or few more days to let the party begin.

S

hidden_dragon said:
EB1,2 or3 makes no difference at 485 stage. There are even Nov 2002 caese approved.

Exceptions don't make rules. Don't take me wrong, I would be more than happy to see Nov'02 approvals. I myself am a Nov'02 applicant. :)

Approved!

Just to update you guys, I got the approval notice in the mail. It looks like the first e-mail was right and was probably overwritten by the regular updates on the fingerprint message. A bug, perhaps, in their system. I had to wait a week to find out about the notice as I went on vacation shortly after the e-mail notification.

My husband's is not approved yet. Has anyone seen this where the primary is approved but the derivative is not approved at the same time?

Thanks for all the support!

I don't think it is exception. There will be more cases like this. USCIS are not operating according to the FIFO rule.

WaitinginQ said:
Exceptions don't make rules. Don't take me wrong, I would be more than happy to see Nov'02 approvals. I myself am a Nov'02 applicant. :)

Good luck. :D My case dates are almost identical - except my FP2 scheduled for 6/25. Someday in the near future I hope. :rolleyes:

ricpa said:
Just to update you guys, I got the approval notice in the mail. It looks like the first e-mail was right and was probably overwritten by the regular updates on the fingerprint message. A bug, perhaps, in their system. I had to wait a week to find out about the notice as I went on vacation shortly after the e-mail notification.

My husband's is not approved yet. Has anyone seen this where the primary is approved but the derivative is not approved at the same time?

Thanks for all the support!

Congratulations ricpa!! Sometime INS online message sucks. I received my approval last week and message didn't changed at all. Anyway good luck for PP stamping. Hope your husband gets approval soon.

Sb_Tiger

Hi. My fingerprint results were received April 20th but message kept changing daily until the e-mail approval notice of May 4th. Fingerprints were done April 13th. BTW, I was following your updates too because your dates are so close to mine. Hope you get it soon!

Thanks all for the best wishes and support.

Good luck to everyone. Your day will come soon.