First AP Delayed!!! I need some advice URGENT

Ghost_card

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
I had applied for my First AP using online option. And it has been 87 Days till today. I got a RFE in May requesting Color photos which i did send back promptly. Now the processing times say they are working on May 5th cases. And my receit date is April 8th. Could anyone tell me what are my options and Does it really take a long time to get the first AP??.

I will really appreciate your advice on this matter.

Regards

AP delays ..

Ghost_card said:
Friends,
I had applied for my First AP using online option. And it has been 87 Days till today. I got a RFE in May requesting Color photos which i did send back promptly. Now the processing times say they are working on May 5th cases. And my receit date is April 8th. Could anyone tell me what are my options and Does it really take a long time to get the first AP??.

I will really appreciate your advice on this matter.

Regards

Ghost_card,

I had the same thing happen to me last year. It took 8 months to get APs from TSC. At first they kept saying that the cases were being worked on but when my filing date had passed the processing date by 2 months I placed several inquiries and was informed that they had lost mine and my wifes applications. I had to refile and then they approved it within a month. The whole process took 8 months.

What I am trying to say is that you will have to stay on top this stuff yourself because the service center will very rarely act on its own.

Talk to your lawyer and have him/her call the service center and place an inquiry. You can call yourself and place an inquiry if the processing date is past your filing date.

regards,

saras

Hi, saras,
thankyou for your reply. My situation now is that my mother in law is undergoing a open heart surgery in india around july 26 time frame. and My H1-b status expired on Dec 13th 2005. Now i am working on EAD based on Pending 485. Should iget a new AP process started right now. rather than wait for it 7-8 months down the road file again. I have two questions
1, SHould i file again using a new attorney? Last time i used online option. I have to use a new attorney as my companies attorney is a total Dumbass?
2, Or should i go get a info pass appointment talk to the immigration officer and get a AP from a local office, as i have like 3 weeks time to travel to INDIA?
Please advice . I have seen your post all throughout this forum and you kinda look like somebody who knows a lot of stuff. Please guide me too.

Thanks a lot