First 5 digits of EAC#

Eric Wang

Registered Users (C)
What is the meaning of the first 5 digits of EAC#? Somebody said the first two are YEAR, and the next three are the days in the year of the ND. Is that true? my ND is Jan.7, 00, (from the phone system), but the EAC# is starting with 00-067? 67 is well into March. Anybody with the similar #?
Thanks for helping.

No Title

EAC # Structure from What I understand is this:

EAC-YR-Social Security Number(First three numbers of primary applier) and the balance is the case count number.
Example
 EAC-99-123-45678
  Last five numbers are case count number for that year.

Check it out and let me know

No Title

No, it\'s not EAC-YR-SSN(first 3 digits), if the next three digits are the days of the year, it could be starting from Oct. as for fiscal year of INS.

No Title

READ THIS
> EAC # Structure from What I understand is this:
> EAC-YR-Social Security Number(First three numbers of primary applier) and the balance is the case count number.
> Example
> EAC-99-123-45678
> Last five numbers are case count number for that year.
>
> Check it out and let me know

The above information is wrong.
EAC-YY-DDD-5CCCC
YY: 2-digit-year, (99 for 1999, 00 for 2000, etc.)
DDD: working day number for that fiscal year that starts on Oct 1st.
5: system identification number
CCCC: serial case number received on that day (actually for I-485, it always reflects the ND

No Title

Just copied from:

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#E
Hope it answers all questions:

"
Your Receipt:
After filing your application and paying your fees, you will receive a receipt number. These receipt numbers are very important. Please use these numbers whenever you write to us about your case, and whenever you contact us to find out about the status of your case.

The numbering system used on receipts has significance.

For most applications filed at a Service Center, your receipt may look like this: LIN 99 001 50001. In this example, the LIN represents the Nebraska Service Center, where the application was initially received into the electronic system. Cases that are filed at or received by another Service Center but processed at the NSC will generally carry the designation of the originating Service Center:

LIN = Lincoln, Nebraska or NSC
EAC = St. Albans, Vermont or VSC
SRC= Dallas, Texas or TSC
WAC= Laguna Niguel, California or CSC

In the example above:

The 99 represents the fiscal year (October 1, through September 30) in which the case was received.
The 001 represents the computer workday in the fiscal year on which the fee was taken.
The 50001 represents the particular case number.
For cases with particular case numbers starting with a 5, electronic case status information is available (see Finding the Status of Your Case, below). For cases with particular case numbers starting with a 0, you must write to request the status of your case.
"

No Title

This is incorrect.

The working days of each year is 52 * 5 = 260.
If the DDD is the working day number, how would I get 278 in my case number?

No Title

Your assumption of 5 working days a week might be wrong. Perhaps they work every other Saturday, even if only in the back office?

No Title

Thanks for the information.

I checked the web page myself and still don\'t quiet unedrstand what it means by "computer workday". It is not explained anywhere on the web page.

No Title

Yeah, it\'s hard to imagine the government working more than 5 days a week. However, I\'ve been pondering this "computer date" for a while, and I found that plugging in a number of 5.5 days per week seems to correlate closely (though not exactly) with the empirical evidence. For example, your EAC-99-278-xxxxx would suggest that your ND is about 9/99.