Finished my interview...but...will I get approved?

cindywang16

Registered Users (C)
:(
Yesterday I had my interview.
My situation is like this:
Currently my husband and I are students and working part-time in Boston, but my husband's family all live in Missouri. I also lived in Missouri and go to school there before, now I am just taking online courses in Missouri University.

I filled in August 2006 in Missouri and moved to Boston. Yesterday during the interview in Missouri. the officer said I am not suppose to file in Missouri, because we have a lease in Boston. I told her I have to because we need to live there but our permeate address is still in Missouri and we are trying to move back to Missouri everyday.
At first the officer didn't want to continue interview us, but after our explain she sit down and had a normal interview with us.

She said she has no problem to approve me, and everything are all set. The only thing is she was not sure my case should be at Missouri. She wants my Missouri University classes registration for this semester to prove I am still connected to Missouri. And gave me a RFE. :(

Before I leave, she also said she usually deal with her files very quickly, so as soon as I send her the RFE material, she can work on it. She won't delay my case.
I asked her do you think I can plan a travel this summer, she said" if I can prove the case in Missouri, you should get the card in just days. If I can't than it will totally depends on Boston's speed."

And she explain that she has to take my I-94. So I don't have 94 with me any more. But she never asked or mention about my work authorization.

Anyone have any thought? I already send her what she asked for in RFE, what would happen anyone know? :rolleyes:
I afraid if she decide to send my case to Boston, I won't know. How will I find out if she approve it or transfered my case? :confused:

she won't transfer your case to boston if you send the evidence which is what she asked for before. don't be worry too much.

i think you will get your green card soon.;)

thank you so much for the encouragement.
I am kind of nervous.
I already send her all she asked for as detailed as I can.
really hope she can approve me soon. :eek:

thank you for the support.
I feel slightly better now.

I got approved

:D
Everyone, I just got like 5 e-mail 2 minutes ago. Said both my I-485 and I-130 are approved.
They are sending me the welcome notice and ask me to follow any instruction that is on it...

yeh...:cool:

but, what kind of instruction it will be?:rolleyes:
Will I need to have more action? :(

I hope not.

But I am still excited...finally. I was nervous for the pass couple of days.

Congrats Cindy!

Don't worry about the instructions on the Welcome Notice, you don't actually have to do anything other than sit on your ass and wait for the Green Card to arrive! Then follow the following instructions:

Party!

:D
Everyone, I just got like 5 e-mail 2 minutes ago. Said both my I-485 and I-130 are approved.
They are sending me the welcome notice and ask me to follow any instruction that is on it...

yeh...:cool:

but, what kind of instruction it will be?:rolleyes:
Will I need to have more action? :(

I hope not.

But I am still excited...finally. I was nervous for the pass couple of days.

hi, Anyone know how long I might need to wait before I actually have the card in hand? :eek:
Because I am planning a trip and I did't get the stamp on my passport on the spot. so I will need the card in order to travel right?

But I already got an e-mail said they are sending me the welcome notice, is that mean my card is coming very soon? :rolleyes:

thank you

hi everybody ,

I' ve done with my interview but the officer asked me to send to him all original documents that i have .he gave me 10 days to send all them . what does it mean ? is it good thing or he wanted to deny my case ? please do you have any same experiences ?
thanks

hi everybody ,

I' ve done with my interview but the officer asked me to send to him all original documents that i have .he gave me 10 days to send all them . what does it mean ? is it good thing or he wanted to deny my case ? please do you have any same experiences ?
thanks

Didn't you just read above in terms of what Cindy did? She send them the information which they requested and a decision on her case was made, which was an approval. I would warn you to find the information which is being requested and send it certified mail and tracking number, to make sure the IO receives. It is not a ploy to deny your case, they need proper documentation to make an informed decision. You just need to send them the information and stop kissing the frog or they will deny your case. Failure to provide evidence is grounds for a denial.

I don't know why she needs original documentation. In your response to her, enclosed a self-addressed enveloped with paid postage and clearly indicate YOU NEED HER TO SEND THE ORIGINALS BACK TO YOU VIA THE PREPAID ENVELOP. Did you leave the originals at home when you went to the interview?