fingerprints rejected - what are my options?

MasterArcht

Registered Users (C)
Dear all, just learned that my mother's fingerprints were rejected for some reason and USCIS scheduled a 2nd appointment. If they fail again, what do we do? Will she need some sort of police clearance papers from the country of her nationality? Can such a paper be obtained from the embassy? please advise.

Fingerprints are usually rejected because the scans were not up to standard - meaning that the fingerprints taken were not able to be read by the program that is used to analyze the fingerprint. This is usually a norm during winter months where cracks appear on fingers due to dry skin.
Don't worry about it, it happens a lot. Just go for the scheduled date - or do a walk in (e.g Boston, the walk-in days are Wednesday) and see if the person in charge will be able to fit you in.

Fingerprints are usually rejected because the scans were not up to standard - meaning that the fingerprints taken were not able to be read by the program that is used to analyze the fingerprint. This is usually a norm during winter months where cracks appear on fingers due to dry skin.
Don't worry about it, it happens a lot. Just go for the scheduled date - or do a walk in (e.g Boston, the walk-in days are Wednesday) and see if the person in charge will be able to fit you in.

Boston2009, thank you very much for your informative message. We will try again next week. In the meantime, do you have any suggestions that might help with this dry skin/cracks problem? Hopefully, some skin cream might help.

I once had to get fingerprinted for a job I was applying for. They used the digital scanners and had issues with my prints because of moisture or my skin, and it took them almost an half hour to process my prints. I think it was a humid day. Also, I am someone that very tense.

I once had to get fingerprinted for a job I was applying for. They used the digital scanners and had issues with my prints because of moisture or my skin, and it took them almost an half hour to process my prints. I think it was a humid day. Also, I am someone that very tense.

So you had a problem during the immigration process as well? How did you deal with FPs for USCIS?

So you had a problem during the immigration process as well? How did you deal with FPs for USCIS?

I am a US Citizen by birth so I never got fingerprinted by USCIS. My wife is an immigrant.

The hardware that my fingerprints where taken on for the job I was applying for is the same type they use at application support centers. My fingerprints where submitted to the FBI just like they do at the ASC. BTW, I didn't get the job do to another medical issue that I could not overcome.

Just regular hand-cream should do it. The people at the center are usually quite accommodating when it comes to people who were rejected because of defecting prints (reflects badly on the person who took the prints). Be nice when doing a walk in - just let them know that your prints were rejected and that you need to do it again before the scheduled date (make some excuse - say that you have an appointment etc)

Hey all,
Don't worry, that Corn Huskers lotion really worked on my wife. We just got that for 3-4 dollars from Walmart and after having been unread once, she started using it religiously for 3 weeks. She did all the housework with plastic gloves on and tried not to wash her hand as many times as before. ( She is a frequent hand-washer ) and after each time she washed her hands she used the lotion. Almost each time. One more thing she did was before going to sleep she used the solution profusely and then all night long wore cotton gloves which we had also bought from Walmart for 2-3 dollars. Thank God these really worked and her fingerprints could be read in the second try. Special thanks to the people who wrote these tips in the forums before. And good luck!