Fingerprints Rejected - Need Police Clearance

amalsajdak

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone had problems with the electronic fingerprints not being legible? I had to have my fingerprints taken twice, and they were rejected both times because the FBI couldn't read them. Because of that, CIS sent me a "Police Clearance Notice" that basically requires me to get a Police Clearance from every jurisdiction where I have lived for the past 5 years. I guess that would be an alternate to the FBI background check. Has anyone done that before?

Thanks,
Amal

amalsajdak said:
Has anyone had problems with the electronic fingerprints not being legible? I had to have my fingerprints taken twice, and they were rejected both times because the FBI couldn't read them. Because of that, CIS sent me a "Police Clearance Notice" that basically requires me to get a Police Clearance from every jurisdiction where I have lived for the past 5 years. I guess that would be an alternate to the FBI background check. Has anyone done that before?

Thanks,
Amal
Read this thread: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=164838

Thanks Anahit. I read the thread, and it was very helpful. I also called my police department, and they said that they'll do the police clearance at no charge. All I have to do is stop by the police station.

I just saw your thread and was about to suggest the same thread that Anahit did. As you would know, I have been thru that process already. So I will be more than happy to be of any help if you have further questions. But I think that thread answers it in pretty good detail.

Good luck!

Mahesh

After giving fingerprints, if we call FBI to make sure if they received fingerprints and whether they are acceptable, can we have avoid this problem?