Fingerprints expire after 15 months

PRUSA

Registered Users (C)
Do fingerprint results expire after 15 months?
Hasn’t USCIS changed this policy yet?

I have the same question.I recently contacted my congressman about my case because my PD will be current as of March 1.And they told me that my fingerprints are still valid.My 2. fingerprinting was on June 22,2004.That means
more than 18 months passed.And somebody at this forum told me that it expires after 15 months.I am confused.

I just had my 2nd FPs today, first were on Oct 25, 2004, so 15 months passed on Jan 25, 2006.
I also had infopass and a lady confirmed that FPs are valid 15 months, then need to be taken again.

you have to wait to be scheduled. and unless they look at your case they will not send you a notice because there is no way of telling that your FP have expired.

so this means that when u get your 2nd FP notice your case has been looked at and it is close to being adjudicated, am i right in drawing this conclusion?

to compass

Compass, did you ask them for the 2nd fingerprinting or you just got the appointment letter out of the blue? The later could indicate the end of name check process.

USCIS sent us a second notice one month before the expiry (15 months) of the first FP. At the application center, they confirmed that it is better to have your FP current when they are ready to decide on your application. Not that I am expecting a decision in a month or so!! We are dealing with USCIS. Anything goes! Chaos is the pattern! :confused:

I have crossed more than 15 months and no 2nd FP notice as yet.I remember reading a thread where they said that if fingureprintins are taken electronically they will not take new fingerprints, unless the first ones have been taken incorrectly, but some people continue to get notices.

PRUSA said:
Compass, did you ask them for the 2nd fingerprinting or you just got the appointment letter out of the blue? The later could indicate the end of name check process.

No I did not ask, but I recently found out why they sent it.
I contacted congressman about my NC, congressman contacted USCIS, USCIS contacted balt. office, Balt office after that sent me 2nd FP notice (I think just becasue they had to look at my case, maybe also to show that they are working on it) and replied to congressman - after that congressman notified me on all this by mail.

Any LUC/Message change after FP3 ?

I did FP1 in 6/04, FP2 in 6/05 and FP3 in 1/06. But did not see any change in LUD/Mesage after FP3 ? Is it usual or un-usual ? Any pointer would help