Fingerprints concern

Dani

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,
Today I went to my fingerprints appointment. Everything went smooth, and the staff was very friendly, however, I am a bit worried because when IO was scanning my fingers, two of the prints showed “warning. match 52 points.” Does anybody know what it means? Did my fp matched some felon/terrorist fingerprints?
I asked the guy what the hell is this, he just smiled and said “don't worry. they don't really care about it...”
Was anybody in a similar situation?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that is related to the quality of prints. The machine determines if the print is good enough to be finalized.

lotechguy said:
I think that is related to the quality of prints. The machine determines if the print is good enough to be finalized.

Really? Ha ha ha, that's funny then
:)
I swear I was prepared that they gonna take me to some dark room to ask some questions regarding my participation in organazied crime or terrorist organizatons :eek:

Scanner can only take the prints and only FBI could analyze them. It should work same way as $40 fingerprint reader device with exception they make better quality and resolution. It is hard to take good fingerprints from a person with small (thin) fingers. It took a 30(!!!) minutes to fingerprint my wife.
System then analyze it if it could build a vector (digital representation) of FP based on some critical points. After that cypher is created and it will be probably used as search pattern by FBI. When system cannot build a vector it warns a technician but warning could be ignored by Q/A since technician doesn't have such authority.

z350 said:
Scanner can only take the prints and only FBI could analyze them. It should work same way as $40 fingerprint reader device with exception they make better quality and resolution. It is hard to take good fingerprints from a person with small (thin) fingers. It took a 30(!!!) minutes to fingerprint my wife.
System then analyze it if it could build a vector (digital representation) of FP based on some critical points. After that cypher is created and it will be probably used as search pattern by FBI. When system cannot build a vector it warns a technician but warning could be ignored by Q/A since technician doesn't have such authority.

Many thanks, z350! That makes perfect sense! As a matter of fact I do have
very thin fingers, and it took us quite a while to do my FP - the guy had to re-scan each finger numerous times. Uff, I hope I don't have to do it all over again.

That's funny, your interpretation of the "match" and the "warning" :)))

But yes, it's the equipment indicating the accuracy and validity of the scans. In the end though, there's a Quality Assurance person who will verify that the record they have matches the details in your FP notice, and also take a look at the FP scans to make sure they're okay.

And I have thin fingers too, and it was a bit difficult for both me and the person doing the scan. She kept spraying water (or whatever it is) over and over and over on my fingers..

Hi there!

When I had my prints taken, the machine spit out 'match warnings' right and left. It did not make a difference. When I showed up for my interview, the FBI fingerprint check had resulted in a "NO IDENT", so did the IBIS check.

Hm, that didn't really help..as you can see from my profile ;-).

Cheers!

Legal

Thank you guys for your responces! I know I'm silly and paranoid when it comes to dealing with USCIS, but I had to ask.
It's really great that people with immigration concerns have sites like this one — tremendously helpful!

Dani said:
Thank you guys for your responces! I know I'm silly and paranoid when it comes to dealing with USCIS, but I had to ask.
It's really great that people with immigration concerns have sites like this one — tremendously helpful!

its not just you,we all get paranoid when it comes to uscis ...
;)

Dani said:

Do not worry, you'll be OK :)

Refers to how clear your fingerprints are. Mine were ALL (not just two) in that range. I received a letter asking me to go and heve my fps taken again... on July 27!

(The timeline below is my husband's. Mine is the same up to June 16)

trrmt said:
Refers to how clear your fingerprints are. Mine were ALL (not just two) in that range. I received a letter asking me to go and heve my fps taken again... on July 27!

(The timeline below is my husband's. Mine is the same up to June 16)

That's exactly what I am afraid of... Such a waste of valuable time just becuase I have wired fingers! :)

I know how it feels... hopefully if it was just two of your fps you will be okay.

Now, maybe this will help you: We went for fps on June 16. By June 23 my husband's case status had been updated and disappeared from VSC's system, while mine did not change at all. On June 24 I received the letter asking me to go again. So, give it about a week; if you do not hear anything it may mean that, as far as fps clearance, everything is okay.

I have seen people here who call the FBI to check ... the telephone is posted somewhere; I am not sure if they still provide you with information, though.

Also, keep checking the status of your case online; if you see that the "last updated" date has changed, and when you click to see the details it can no longer find your case, then you may be getting the interview letter soon. In our case, my husband's interview letter arrived on June 26.

Hope this helps.

trrmt said:
I know how it feels... hopefully if it was just two of your fps you will be okay.

Now, maybe this will help you: We went for fps on June 16. By June 23 my husband's case status had been updated and disappeared from VSC's system, while mine did not change at all. On June 24 I received the letter asking me to go again. So, give it about a week; if you do not hear anything it may mean that, as far as fps clearance, everything is okay.

I have seen people here who call the FBI to check ... the telephone is posted somewhere; I am not sure if they still provide you with information, though.

Also, keep checking the status of your case online; if you see that the "last updated" date has changed, and when you click to see the details it can no longer find your case, then you may be getting the interview letter soon. In our case, my husband's interview letter arrived on June 26.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot trrmt! Yeah, it does help. It's been exactly a week since they took my FP, the status is still there and no updates since the 27th of June. Hopefully the case status will disappear soon.

Match Warning

I had my FP take today. I got "Match Warning" on one of my fingers. On that finger I have a little rough skin.

I asked the lady technician what it meant. She refused to answer. :mad:

I was very very worried unti I read the messages on this forum. :eek:

The Immigration Portal has greately reduced my anxiety.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. :)