Fingerprinting

enjoys1

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I was laid off two months ago. I had filed I-140/I-485 concurrently three months back in CSC.
RD:10/29/2002
ND:11/26/2002

I got fingerprinting notice from INS today for Feb 01, 2003 for both me and my wife.

I will be on my company payroll(keep getting paychecks every two weeks) for another three months till April 15, 2003. I haven't been able to get a job yet. None of my I-140/EAD nor my wife's EAD/AP have been approved yet.

If we give fingerprinting on 02/01/2003, I am worried about what to do if I get an RFE from INS after April 15, 2003 and still haven't found a job ?.

Considering the fact that I will be on my company's payroll for another 3 months and be able to support an RFE from INS till April 15,2003 my questions are:

1)Shall I give FP on Feb 01, 2003 (or) before Feb 01, 2003 ?.

2)Shall I delay my FP as long as I can probably until I can find a job ?.

Thanks

Fingerprinting done today

I went to the local INS application support center and finished FP both for me and my wife.

When I went to the address on the Fingerprint notice

122 Charcot Ave,
San Jose, CA, 95131.

the office was still under construction. So, then I called the toll INS free number for FP and the person who answered asked me to go to the INS center located at

740 Story Rd #15,
San Jose, CA.

I went there around 3:30PM and had FP done for me and my wife.

1) I forgot to take photo copies of my and my wife's FP notice. Will I be needing them anytime in the future ?. But, the INS center gave us some sort of receipt's that our FP was done.

2)How long does it take normally for the case status to be updated online that our FP was received and processing has been resumed on my case?.

Thanks

Hi enjoys1,

I also got my fingerprinting date on 2/4/03.Is there anyway to change the fingerprinting date to earlier.

Thanks.

Just walkin to an INS application support center

Hi Poya,

All you have to do is walkin to an INS application support center between 8AM and 4PM.

What address of INS office do you have on your fingerprint notice ?. If you have the following address don't go there as this office is still under construction and is not open yet.

122 Charcot Ave,
San Jose, CA, 95131.

Instead just walkin to the INS application support center located at

740 Story Road Room 15,
San Jose, CA 95122.

All they ask for is your fingerprint notice and passport.

I am just curious to know if you filed your I-140/I-485 concurrently. If you did can please let me know your EB category and I-140/I-485/EAD/AP receipt date's and notice date's ?.

Best of luck

enjoys1

Hi. Firstly the computer update usually happens a week or so after fingerprinting is completed. But if you dont see an update don't worry. THIS INFO IS WHAT I HAVE GATHERED FROM THIS FORUM AND OTHER PEOPLE'S EXPERIENCES.
Secondly if you have a lawyer he received acopy of the FP notice from INS. Hope this helps.