Fingerprinting

AmericanAtHeart

Hi,
I received the FP schedule notice for my N-400 application. I'm currently abroad and scheduling a trip for mywife and I will cost nearly $3K. I know I have nearly 3 months to get this accomplished, but I was hoping to have to do only one trip (for the interview). My question is do US embassies/consulates provide the fingerprinting service?
Thanks,

AmericanAtHeart

I do not believe US Embassy or Consulates will do that. Please check by calling your local embassy.

Also, your being outside of US and unwilligness to come to US for FP may raise a red flag about your intent for US Citizenship regardless of during of your stay unless you are on the official business of US GOV/Agency or US GOV contractor doing work for US Gov or US Armed Forces.

Thanks for the reply. I am on an official business, but the cost for the trip just to get the fingerprinting will not be covered by the employer :( I called the local embassy and did not get a definite answer from the rep who answers the phone. I'll make a trip to the embassy and report back if I learn something new.

No, but I thought the FP letter itself mentions that u can postpone ur interview. Dont hesitate to call USCIS for this. good luck!