fingerprinting Q

leo leo

Rcpt date for I-485 is 10/2000. Have receiveed EADs for both my self and wife.(March and Feb respectively).when should I receive fingerprinting notice ? I called VSC and the lady gave me a very wierd answer "We do not fingerprint people from India until they reach almost the end of the processing, because their processing takes a long time due to visa numbers and so we want to make sure we have to do it only once" . How true is this ? Any experiences ? Does this reply mean i technically will not get FP notice until at least Oct 2001 ? Anyone with similar experiences ? My category is EB2

- leo

No Title

Well she should have answered in a better way, but your RD is just 10/2000 and is pretty much new. They are still processing the RD Sept,Aug 99 cases and it would be very difficult for anyone including the IIO to talk anything about the cases applied an year after. No offense, but I think you are being too early to call the IIO. Just see the trends and if you see any netter posting a FP notice with your RD then you may call the INS if you have not received one,but until then just relax.

No Title

You would have get a FP notice by now. Call your laywer he might have get it and misplaced somewhere. All october 2000 RD applicants were getting FP notices some time in January and February.

Click on my ID for my details.

No Title

See what happens is on some cases they send FP immediatly(FP is valid for 15 months) after they receive the application.
Some cases they send FP notice at the end of the process, even if you get FP immediatly or Later processing time same.

My RD Sep 00 ND Oct 00 FP Jan 01, EAD Dec 00

Kiran

No Title

So it is not a matter of getting anxious about it ? I checked with my lawyer and they have not received it yet.

thanks for quick info guys!

No Title

Although it feels good to get another step closer by doing fingerprinting, it means nothing as far as processing time. Processing of 485 goes by ND/RD. Not by FP date. My ND is 05/2000 and my FP was done on 10/2000. But it doesn\'t matter because there are many cases with ND in 1999 and FP in 2001. They will get processed before me, even though I did my FP before them. So, don\'t worry too much about not getting FP notice right away. If you dont get it in 6 months, then you may want to start worrying :)

Am I right guys?

Ciao

No Title

You are right. My ND is Sep 2000, but I finished my FP in December 2000. That does not mean that my application will beprocessed faster than the one\'s who have not completed FP but their ND is prior to mine. All processing is done according to the ND of the I-485 application.