Fingerprinting Notice

harryd1975

hi guys

I sent in my N-400 application to VSC and got a receipt notice with a PD of April 9, 2007. I am based in Philadelphia

However, I still have not received any Fingerprinting notice.

Questions are:
a) How long does it take to receive the FP notice after they receive your application ?
b) Does the case status online or via telephone get updated to reflect the fact that USCIS sent you a fingerprinting notice ?

Thanks

Response to your question

hi guys

I sent in my N-400 application to VSC and got a receipt notice with a PD of April 9, 2007. I am based in Philadelphia

However, I still have not received any Fingerprinting notice.

Questions are:
a) How long does it take to receive the FP notice after they receive your application ?
b) Does the case status online or via telephone get updated to reflect the fact that USCIS sent you a fingerprinting notice ?

Thanks

Hi,
You need to give at least a month before you start worrying about finger printing. Finger printing usually gets scheduled between 4 to 6 weeks after you submit the application typically. Hope this helps.

I live in the philadelphia area too. My P/D 03/22/07 and got finger pinted 04/17/07. I got both my both my notice letter and my finger print letter the same day04/05/07. Give it some time. You will get it soon.

Think in months and not days or weeks and you will worry less. The USCIS is an "interesting" organization to deal with.