Fingerprinting LUD

december2002

Registered Users (C)
Everyone,

I have couple questions on what happes after fp done.

1)I had my fp done last Friday. When should I expect to see a LUD change?

2)Where do I see this LUD change? I am registered to the on-line case status at uscis website. Are they going to send me an e-mail regarding fingerprinting done or cleraed or something like that?

3)How long does it take to get cleared fom fp and how can I find out about it?

Thanks in advance...

PD: Feb 2003 (EB3 - India)
RD: 6/26
ND: 7/20
FP: 8/18
EAD(Approved and mailed): 9/24
EAD(Card rcvd): 9/29

Where and how do you check for LUD?
I am still waiting for my AP. I do not have stamp on my passport. It is little nerve racking till I get it in hand.

FP done, what next?

Regarding how long it will take till you hear back from them regarding the FP, it all varies. I read on the portal it could take up to two years but those are hopefully exceptions. Someone also said it depends on your last name, if it is common, it may take longer.

Regards to LUP --- you can see those on your USCIS site, where you log in into your account https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp;jsessionid=bcar9YcxAwSEi96YQ9Ivr

Set one up if you don't already have one, and add the applications based on the receipt numbers that were mailed by INS (LIN99-999 etc). When they make a change on your case, the LUD will change. You can see the LUD right in between Email selection (Y.N) and Form # (485, 765 etc.)

If anyone else has input on the FP timeframe, it is greatly appreciated, I just had mine taken yesterday (code 3).

Thanks all.

Thanks for the info on LUDS. I sa an LUD within a week after my fp.

About FP, I read in this forum that FP and name check two different things. They say fp can be cleared in relatively short period of time within a month or so. I like to know how can I find out if I am cleared or not.

On the otherside, namecheck can take as much as 2-3 years just like you mentioned.

Regarding how long it will take till you hear back
from them regarding the FP, it all varies. I read on the portal it could take up to two years but those are hopefully exceptions. Someone also said it depends on your last name, if it is common, it may take longer.

Regards to LUP --- you can see those on your USCIS site, where you log in into your account https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp;jsessionid=bcar9YcxAwSEi96YQ9Ivr

Set one up if you don't already have one, and add the applications based on the receipt numbers that were mailed by INS (LIN99-999 etc). When they make a change on your case, the LUD will change. You can see the LUD right in between Email selection (Y.N) and Form # (485, 765 etc.)

If anyone else has input on the FP timeframe, it is greatly appreciated, I just had mine taken yesterday (code 3).

Thanks all.

FP results are submitted to USCIS within 24-48 hours. Name Check takes a long time i.e. if your name too common or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my fingerprinting done on saturday the 20th Oct and my LUD shows as 22 Oct...i.e., 48 hours after FP.

FP status check

Our FP was done on 10/10 and when I check our 485 case status shows as Case received and pending. The FP notice is carrying the 485 receipt number

Do we get a seperate receipt for the FP notice?

How do we check FP status in this scenario?

Thx in advance.

The receipt # of I-485 is what the tracking # of the FP. There is no separate tracking # for F-Printing. Once you finish your F-Printing, you will see a move on the "Last Updated date" on I-485. The status may remain the same; for example - I got my FP done on 10/20; saw the I-485 Last Update Date change from 9/26 to 10/22 and to 10/23

FP and Name Check are all part of I-485 i.e. AOS.

To see last updated status on a particular case file i.e. 485, EAD or AP - get yourself registered on the USCIS website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the detailed msg

How do we check the status of the FBI Name check.

Any web site or phone numbers to find the status of FBI Name Check:confused: