Fingerprinting Hell

ranj

Registered Users (C)
Hi All ,

What\'s going on with TSC ?

I just talked to a friend of mine who is EB2 from china and he is going for his fingerprinting tomorrow(4/18/2002) in Tampa. He applied in Jan 2002 (yes, less than 4 months turn around time for him) !!

I filed in June of 2001 - EB3 India (lost three months (RD of Aug 24th) because of the big screwup of TSC with them changing their mail contractors and all during that time) and I still haven\'t received the fingerprint notice.

I thought that once you file 485 , EB2 EB3 didn\'t matter.

Is fingerprinting country based ??

Really Really Frustrated ,

Ranj

No Title

I think it does matter. I have seen couple of people from China getting approved quickly whereas people from India have to wait for long unless they are very lucky

I don\'t think it matters.

I am EB2 China with 5/31/01, RD 8/22/01, also haven\'t got FP yet... While I saw some folks from India with similar RD got approvals already...

I got FP notice in 2 weeks turnaround time

ND/RD 3/18/2002 for I485 .. FP notice issued on Apr 3 2002
EB3 India

Observation

My observation is that EB2 guys get FP notice first. I have seen EB2 guys with RD April 2001 getting notices while EB3 with RD Jan 2001 are still waiting. EB2 dates have moved but not EB3. This is based on average and does not take account the out of range data or exceptional conditions ( in statistics these are called as \'outliers\' as they lie outside the normal range).

Recd FP notice in regular mail Plus my attorney

received their copy which was forwarded to me as well.
I am in Dallas. TX

GKing1 and all gurus, I have a couple of questions.

First of all, congratulations to GKing1 and everybody who receive their FP. GKing1, your wait time for FP is short (which is pretty good). My question is: FP depends on what criteria? Is it done randomly? Does it depend on location (I am from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)? Does TSC follow any procedure as to how to schedule FPs, or is it just another example of their famous randomness? I appreciate anybody\'s input on these questions. Thanks in advance and good luck to all of us.

Where you located GKing? I\'m in Nashville, TN, still looking

for FP notice. Looks like FP depends on the location.

It is not at the mid-night....

My friend has checked AVM about his EAD at 7.00 PM CST (Dallas), yesterday (04/18/02) and it says that \'this case has been approved on 04/18/02 and ordered to print the card and it will take 1-2 weeks\'.
He filed in the second week of March. So, AVM is updated during the day time only but at the mid-night.

Where does Finger Printing take place? an ASC only or it could also happen at a local FBI office

Where will my FP be scheduled? I live in Mobile, AL which is the most south of Alabama. The close ASCs are Birmingham, AL, Atlanta, GA, New Orleans, LA, and Jackson, MS. Which one will be selected and based on what basis?

Also I know one guy a local of Birmingham, AL didnt have his FP done at Birmingham ASC. His was scheduled at Atlanta, GA. Will mine be also Atlanta, GA.

Your inputs will be greatly appreciated..