Fingerprinting Documents

RogerMoore

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

I have filed 140/485/EB2 under CP towards April end at NSC and i have recieved FP notice for next month. Can someone with prior experience let me know what are the documents that needs to be carried for both applicant and spouse. I am a H1b holder and wife is on H4.

Roger

Both you and your wife carry the following,

1. Finger print notice
2. EAD (both of you, only if you have)
3. Passports
4. Other ID (Drivers license or state ID).

This is based on my experience, Check with your Attorney/other places for the correct info.

I do not have EAD !! Its hardly a month that we have filed our 140/485 and we have the fingerprint notice. My spouse does not have any other id like state or drivers license. All she has is a passport. Will that be enough ?

Is there anyother thing that could be taken as proof ?

Roger

RoferMoore,

If you do not have EAD that is perfectly OK. There is NO requirement that you carry EAD. All they want is th a) Finger printing notice and b) a valid photo ID. THis could be a drivers license, state issued ID or Passport.

People usually carry 2 photo ID's because if you are not recognizable in your ID, they will confirm with the second ID. If your wife does not have a second picture ID, thats fine too. I and my spouse had FP last Saturday and they just saw our passports.

sertra2002