fingerprinting AGAIN ! -- after biometrics

peradetlic

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I just got fingerprinting notification, although I had my biometrics done recently. I also had fingerprinting less than a year ago. Is this some kind of mistake ? Should I contact USCIS Nebraska. It mentions clearance by FBI nad I thought this was done long time ago !

Any suggestions, similar experiences?

If I do call, what number should I use?

Thanks!

Anybody with similar experience?

What if it is some kind of a bug in their system that would effectivelly put me three years back! Those FBI clearances take ages as I understand !

I looked at the previous posts, it seems that I am the first one to whom this happened to.

Thanks.

peradetlic said:

What if it is some kind of a bug in their system that would effectivelly put me three years back! Those FBI clearances take ages as I understand !

I looked at the previous posts, it seems that I am the first one to whom this happened to.

Thanks.

FP expires after 15 months.

..chill, u been reading these boards too much U can call CIS and just go do the FP .... It takes no more than one day most cases for FBI check ... Getting very close to GC :)

..a friend got notice of FP instead of getting GC approval(not asylum) ..He called and CIS said "sorry, you're approved"...
peradetlic said:

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke with CIS representative today to check out why I am getting FP-ed again. It turns out that biometrics thing (ASC code 2) is used for "employment benefits" - whatever the hell it means.

So it is NOT, contrary to what I optimistically thought, the picture, fingerprints and signature that will appear on the greencard itself.

So to rehash:
Code 2 on fingerprint notification has nothing to do with I-485, and apparently has to do with new EADs that we might be getting.

My new fingerprint notification is code 1.

peradetlic said:
I spoke with CIS representative today to check out why I am getting FP-ed again. It turns out that biometrics thing (ASC code 2) is used for "employment benefits" - whatever the hell it means.

So it is NOT, contrary to what I optimistically thought, the picture, fingerprints and signature that will appear on the greencard itself.

So to rehash:
Code 2 on fingerprint notification has nothing to do with I-485, and apparently has to do with new EADs that we might be getting.

My new fingerprint notification is code 1.
I don't know what the CIS rep was smoking but the codes have nothing to do with the reason...When I got my bio done I saw a note on the desk at the CIS center reception desk explaining something like Code 1 FP only; Code 2 index print+sig+pic Code 3 FP+pic plus the IO after checking my LIN said "they need the bio for the GC" ...Asylees don't need EAD's

Exactly! I though she was smoking too. I just could not get where she was going with the "employment benefits" talk especially since I have not applied for EAD anyway.

I'm just gonna go and do it, and waist another day (waited for about 4 hours in line last time). Whatever.......

Are you still in this forum?

peradetlic said:
Exactly! I though she was smoking too. I just could not get where she was going with the "employment benefits" talk especially since I have not applied for EAD anyway.

I'm just gonna go and do it, and waist another day (waited for about 4 hours in line last time). Whatever.......

Peradetlic, are you still coming to this forum? The same thing happened to me, I just received Code 1 after Code2 like one month ago. Let me know what happened to you after this. PLEAAASE!!!!

Any other experience???

same experience

I just received code 1 and I did my code 2 last month. :mad: I think you guys should just do whatever they ask from us. I think we are getting very closed. For those already sent in code 1 & 2. Please let us how long it takes for you to receive your green card. thank you.

Code 1 after Code 2

Fellows,

Just got Code 1 notice after doing Code 2 in first week of august.
Any first hand experience about the same ? How long does it take for GC arrival
after code 2 ? Is there any other request we can expect after this ?

TIA for responses

Code 1 after Code 2

Fellows,

Just got Code 1 notice after doing Code 2 in first week of august.
Any first hand experience about the same ? How long does it take for GC arrival
after code 2 ? Is there any other request we can expect after this ?

The notice came in USPS, LUD in profile was not changed.

TIA for responses

Hello,

Just came back from ASC. FP done (Code 2). It was scheduled for 9/28 though.

Wanted to give it a try if they do it today. I was amazed @ the service, it took less then 15 mins after the moment I entered the office, filled the form, called for FP, filled the Survery form and Exit.

Any idea whats next ???

thnx

jattasylee said:
Hello,

Just came back from ASC. FP done (Code 2). It was scheduled for 9/28 though.

Wanted to give it a try if they do it today. I was amazed @ the service, it took less then 15 mins after the moment I entered the office, filled the form, called for FP, filled the Survery form and Exit.

Any idea whats next ???

thnx

What code did you do today? Code 1 or Code 2? in your previous post you stated that the one that you just received was code 1. How many fingers? :p

Please clarify.

Thanks

jattasylee said:
Oops ! my bad, It was Code 1 today (Ten fingers). Just a typo above.

Good eye Flashington :)

thnx

Jattasylee,

You and me are in the same boat, it looks that the guy who started this thread was approved a couple of months after he did the code 1 fingerprint.

Hopefully it will happen to us.

I have code 1 the first week of October (I went there and they told me that I have to wait until the date on the paper)

Keep me posted any news, your LUD should change today or tomorrow.

See ya.

question...

I just did my code 1 today. Anyone has any ideas how long it takes to receive green card?

How long for USCIS to receive fingerprints?

My mom had her fingerprints submitted June 2004, we called USCIS today and a representative told us her FP has expired and that's why her case was pending. She'll get another notice to do FP again. Her ND is 12/2000 and both my dad and I have got our GC in early Sep 2005. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to receive her new FP result? Please please help me answer this question. Thanks so much!!

wait wait wait...

peradetlic, you are actually approved and you are getting FP appointment letter??? So did you ever get your GC?