fingerprinted but still no online status - anyone else?

premo

Registered Users (C)
I have been checking my case status online everyday but even after having done fingerprinting the following message is what I always get

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

I enter the application number exactly as it appears in the notice date
WSC*001xxxxxx

San Jose DO.

10/17/06 - N-400 mailed.
10/19/06 - Received by USCIS@CSC and is the PD
10/24/06 - Checks cashed (couldn't find receipt #, but there was a WSC$)
10/27/06 - Receipt Notice Date. Recv'd 11/1/06.
11/01/06 - FP notice date. Recv'd 11/3/06.
11/21/06 - FP Appointment date.
11/08/06 - walk-in FP done (ahead of schedule)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry too much about the online status. It is a very unreliable tool particularly for N-400 applications. There are many cases that have reported that their online status never showed up while they went through the entire lifecycle of the naturalization process and got approved. You could potentially be in one of those category of people. So, in short, nothing to worry about :).

Thanks takadigi

Dmax, I didn't know either you could do that, but after reading this forum, it seems it isn't anything uncommon, so I just walked-in, there weren't many people at the ASC and they didn't mind at all.

Me the same

I got finger printed on 11/14/2006, but no update on my case status.

My case is at NSC.

Just a question, how can I verify if the finger print is readable at FBI?