Fingerprint

dustin111

Registered Users (C)
Fingerprint. Please help!

I got FP appointment on Feb. 21, 2009, but I was busy that day, so I requested to take FP another day. The problem is that I have not received a rescheduled FP up till now. Should I be worry about that? Or what should I do now?

Thanks for your reply..

Last edited by a moderator:
The fingerprint letter probably mentions that you can walk in any Wednesday or Saturday after the appointment date if you miss your appointment.

You should walk in asap or your case could be abandoned by USCIS.

My FP notice does not mention anything about walk-in appointments on Wednesday or Saturday afternoons (I tried to do a walk-in and the support center refused). It does state that you can reschedule on these days but you have to mail the FP notice to the support center with your request for rescheduling and wait to hear back from them with a new date. Here is what my FP notice says:

PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED. If you are unable to do so, complete the bottom of this notice and return the entire original notice to the address below. RESCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL DELAY YOUR APPLICATION. IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED BELOW OR FAIL TO REQUEST RESCHEDULING, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED.

dustin111: if it's been a long time since you submitted your request, I would suggest that you call the 1-800 number or schedule an info pass.

My FP notice does not mention anything about walk-in appointments on Wednesday or Saturday afternoons (I tried to do a walk-in and the support center refused). It does state that you can reschedule on these days but you have to mail the FP notice to the support center with your request for rescheduling and wait to hear back from them with a new date. Here is what my FP notice says:

PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED. If you are unable to do so, complete the bottom of this notice and return the entire original notice to the address below. RESCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL DELAY YOUR APPLICATION. IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED BELOW OR FAIL TO REQUEST RESCHEDULING, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED. Yes, mine noticed exactly the same as yours.

dustin111: if it's been a long time since you submitted your request, I would suggest that you call the 1-800 number or schedule an info pass.
I've just scheduled the infopass on Mar 25, 2009. So, at the infopass appointment, what should I tell them? do i need to request a reprint of FP letter to submit at Application Service Center for walk-in FP? Thank you for your precious advice

PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED. If you are unable to do so, complete the bottom of this notice and return the entire original notice to the address below. RESCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL DELAY YOUR APPLICATION. IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED BELOW OR FAIL TO REQUEST RESCHEDULING, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED.

Mine did notice exactly the same as yours. Do you think I have problem with FP process? I missed my first FP almost a month. Now I just schedule an infopass that may take long time to receive a would-be second FP?

Waiting Time to Received a Reschedule of Fingerprints for US Citizenship

Missed N-400 fingerprinting appointment.

I was out of town and I received the appointment for the fingerprints.
The appointment were suppose to be on may 8, 2009 and returned on may 13. I prepare a letter, apologizing and explaining the problem, they are sent and received on USCIS-Atlanta,GA., on May 18/2009 and at today, I'm still waiting for the reschedule letter.

How long should I wait for that ?

Thanks very much for any words of comfort !!!!!

Alberto

The appointment were suppose to be on may 8, 2009

Hi Alberto,

I suspect it is very bad news for you. My form had "if you fail to show up or reschedule, your application will be considered abandoned."

With it now being 6 weeks after missing the appointment I suspect it has been abandoned regardless of the letter you sent.

In all my dealings with USCIS and the former INS, they always only responded to specific forms. You could try and find a form for Application Reinstatement (or something like that) if such a thing exists.

You could try an Infopass appointment and see if you can get anything done by talking to someone. Maybe visit your local DO or USICS fingerprint office and see if you can talk to someone there. They may be able to tell you what you can do.

If I were you, I would not give up just yet, but I am not sure you have many options left open. You may have to re-apply and pay the money again.

I wish you luck, but from what I read it looks bleak.

Thank You

But If you read I Reschedule as they said, not fail a reschedule, so i do what they told me to do, my only question is to know how many time i have to wait to received this reschedule notice ??

Thank You

Alberto

Hi Alberto,

I suspect it is very bad news for you. My form had "if you fail to show up or reschedule, your application will be considered abandoned."

With it now being 6 weeks after missing the appointment I suspect it has been abandoned regardless of the letter you sent.

In all my dealings with USCIS and the former INS, they always only responded to specific forms. You could try and find a form for Application Reinstatement (or something like that) if such a thing exists.

You could try an Infopass appointment and see if you can get anything done by talking to someone. Maybe visit your local DO or USICS fingerprint office and see if you can talk to someone there. They may be able to tell you what you can do.

If I were you, I would not give up just yet, but I am not sure you have many options left open. You may have to re-apply and pay the money again.

I wish you luck, but from what I read it looks bleak.

But If you read I Reschedule as they said, not fail a reschedule

Alberto,

Unless I misunderstand your posting here, you did not reschedule BEFORE the May 5th appointment.

When you did not show up on the 5th and they did not receive a reschedule request BY THAT DATE, they may have considered the application abandoned. The wording is show up OR reschedule and you did neither before that date.

Best idea is to do as I suggested and talk to someone either at your DO or make an Infopass appointment. You could try the 800 number since you would have an NBC* number on the FP notice.