Fingerprint update on website

neo_rags

Registered Users (C)
Can someone translate the below msg for me please? Does this mean that my fingerprint has some problem? Thanks!

"Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 13, 2004, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review."

No problem. This is normal. So Don't worry.

I have the same status info. for my wife's I-485 application

What's the difference between "pending review" and "processing started". I have 2 485s and each has a different message.

Appreciate any responses...

Its been more than a month now and the msg on USCIS site says the same thing. Is there a way to find out what they're waiting on? Can I do anything at all to get it moving? Would appreicate your inputs.

"Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 13, 2004, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review."

I got different message. Anyone can tell me if my name check is also clear.

On October 19, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

FP message

gcsuffer said:
I got different message. Anyone can tell me if my name check is also clear.

On October 19, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

I think most of the guys got this "message" ..
It speaks of "fingerprint review" and must be only it and does not contain any info about the name check.

Can we speak to immigration officer

Can we talk to IO's to know why the status is "pending review" versus "processing resumed". What is pending in these cases. I called the 800 number but the customer service did not let me go thru to the IO. She said, you have to wait for the processing date to be current or past and then asked to send a fax to USCIS for more details.

Thanks.

FP collected and pending review - sent to FBI but results not received at USCIS yet
FP received and process resumed - FP results sent from FBI to USCIS

neo_rags

Even i have the same message on both mine and my 485 application.

Did anyone had 140/485 approvals even when the FP status is Pending review?.

Ashwin

FBI FP/Name check numbers

neo_rags,

Here are the numbers to get info about FP/Namecheck

FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000
FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625
FBI NNCP Public Inquiry Voice Line (202) 324 2399
FBI Name Check Inquiry Fax (202) 324-3367

Please keep us updated.

neo_rags

My FP status got updated today.

On November 2, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your
I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were
received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a
notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Even my wife's status got updated.

Hi Ashwin,

Did u do anything from ur side for the Finger Print pending review. Did u email or call any number.

Please let us know.

Thanks

wqur

No. I did not call any to follow up.

I had pending review message on 1st and changed to processing resumed on 3rd.

ashwin_kc said:
No. I did not call any to follow up.

I had pending review message on 1st and changed to processing resumed on 3rd.

Thanks Ashwin
Appreciate the response

I am not sure wt to do ... The status for my I-485 is pending since september 13th. Will wait for some more time and see if there wud be any change

wqur said:
Thanks Ashwin
Appreciate the response

I am not sure wt to do ... The status for my I-485 is pending since september 13th. Will wait for some more time and see if there wud be any change

You guys are worreing too much! A friend of my had 2 FP's done and never got update. My FP was done on 05/01/04 and never got update. I think all the FP's done after 05/07/04 is getting update right the way. Usually, it is taking a couple of weeks. I called FBI a week later and they told me that PF's result was sent to NSC on the same day. However, the lovely folks from NSC don't give a demon about me. But, I still love them...

I just checked and the msg has not updated yet. Anyway, Valcris response is reassuring. I'll try to call the numbers AShwin had posted earlier and make sure the response is not held up at FBI.

THanks guys! will keep you updated...

Hi neo_rags did you get any updates? I called FBI and they told me that they sent our (Wife & I) FP results the same day (Oct 14). Wife's status changed to "processing has resumed" on Oct 21. Mine is still showing "pending review" since Oct 22! On Nov 08 my wife's EAD was approved.

Last edited by a moderator: