Fingerprint retaken, both failed

GC4myspouse

Hello everyone;

My wife went for the second Fingerprint appointment, since the first time the machine could not read her fingerprints after serveral tries (some areas where showing red warning that means fingerprints are not clear enough).

Same thing happened the second time and for some reason and they could not take her fingerprint, probably due to her hands sweat a lot and the machine could not read a complete and valid finger print.

She has her appointment on June 15, 2006 and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience like this and what are the consequences.

Thanks!

similar experience

I had a similar experience because my hands sweat alot also, especially during the summer.

First time, the machine didn't take my fingerprints because of wet hands. Then the officer tooks the prints manuelly by using ink on paper. The results were not good. I didn't get any response back from INS and mywife's case was approved first.

Then, one year later, I got the second FP notice. Fortunately, the day was very cold and my hands were almost dry that day and the process went very smoothly.

Three months later, I got my GC.

My experience is telling me that you have to find a way to let the machine take your wife's FPs such as using a fan to dry the hands, trying to go there during cold day. It's kind of embarassing. But what the heck

If it still doesn't work, I guess you have to let the officer know and see what s/he can do. You know in the U.S., everybody depends on computer. They have to find a way to get your info into computer.