fingerprint reschedule sample letter

Format of FP reschedule request I sent

Date

Application Support Center (The address in your FP schedule form)
USCIS Newark
24 Commerce Street
100 Newark, NJ 07102

Reference: Fingerprint Notification
Application Number: EAC1111111111 (I 485 – Application for Adjustment of Status) (Put your EAC #)
USCIS A#: XXXXXXX (Put your A#)

Dear Sir or Madam:

This is in regard to a fingerprint notification I received last week (USCIS A#: XXXXXXX). Due to an (put your reason here) that coincides with the date I have been assigned the appointment, I kindly request you to reschedule my appointment to a later date. I would highly appreciate if you would consider this request.

I thank you for all your help and co-operation in this matter.

Sincerely,

(Your signature)

(Your Name here)

hi
the address for the application center is the address where we are going to appear for finger printing.Is it right?

Thanks for your reply

How long it takes to reschedule

...Does anybody knows how long it takes to reschdeule at Newark, NJ. i have applied three week ago but i did not hear back so far.

Rescheduling of fingerprinting at Boston ASC

Dear Friends:

I received my fingerprinting notice on June 6, 2005. The notice had a fingerprinting appointment date of July 8, 2005. Due an extreme family emergency, I cannot keep the appointment on that date. Therefore, I submitted a request for rescheduling my appointment at Boston ASC in person on June 7. Does anybody have any experience as to how long it takes for the Boston ASC to reschedule the fingerprinting appointment? Any guidance in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
MA_GC

Early Fp?

Since you can't keep the July 8th, 2005 FP appointment, why don't you do EARLY FP? Boston does not allow early FP? I think it will be a bigger hassle to reschedule your appointment by submitting a letter and wait for another notice. Ask other people who have had their FP taken in Boston if early FP is a possibility.
Ellada

Rescheduling FP at Boston ASC

Hi Ellada:

Thanks for your response. I tried early FP at Boston but they would not let me do that. Now I have already put in a request for rescheduling. Is there a possiblity to do early FP based on the copy of the original FP notice now that I have already submitted a request for rescheduling?

Thanks
MA_GC

Wait for rescheduled FP

I think that you ought to wait for the rescheduled appointment since you have turned in your request. When did you request a rescheduled appoint.?Did they tell you that you will receive a notice in the mail?

Keep us posted.
Ellada

Hi Ellada:

The ASC officials told me that the new notice will be sent via mail. I guess, I just have to wait for it to come. By the way, congratulations on your I-485 approval :) and thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.

Regards
MA_GC

MA Gc
why you have to reschedule the appointment? have they not given an option in the notice like if you cannot make your appointment on time you can come on any following wednesday before some cut off date. mine shows like that.

Samhith

Hi Samhith:

My notice said that if I do not come to the Boston ASC on the scheduled date and time, and also fail to request rescheduling, then my I-485 petition will be considered abadoned.

Apparently, there are two different types of fingerprint appointment notices. One type gives the applicant a one-week period in which to appear at the ASC to be printed. If he or she is not one able to appear during that one-week period, the notice specifies a day of the week for the remaining weeks in the 87-day period in which he or she can be printed. The second type of notice specifies a single date and time that the applicant is to appear at the ASC. If the applicant is unable to keep the appointment, he or she is instructed to reschedule the appointment through the ASC within 87 days of the original appointment date.

I found this information in an old INS link dated 2000. You guys may want to check it out as well at:

http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news418.htm

I got the second type of notice, hence, could do nothing but to reschedule or to try for early FP. But Boston ASC did not allow me to do a early FP.

Does anybody else have any similar experience in regard to the two types of notices for FP?

Thanks
MA_GC

Did you get it?

GCKePichhe said:
...Does anybody knows how long it takes to reschdeule at Newark, NJ. i have applied three week ago but i did not hear back so far.

Hi GCKePichhe,

Did you get the reappointment? If yes, how long it takes to reschedule at NewarK, NJ. I applied 9 June and still waiting for FP.

Last edited by a moderator:
reschedule FP at newark

Do they allow to personally reschedule at Newark ASC? I may not be able to get my FP taken as there is a blister on thr finger. Will they acknowledge it at the office?

FP reschedule at Newark, NJ- fpdonetoday, GCkepichhe, hillsybahn

Hello guys
Did you get any response on the reschedule of FP?

hellow, genesis1

Yes, I got the reschedule notice at Newark.
Here is my track.

June 9 2005 : reschedule request
July 18 2005: reschedule notice (Aug 25 2005 2:00 PM)
July 20 2005: reschedule request again.

Last edited by a moderator:
FP reschedule

Thanks Hillsybahn for your response. Incidentally, why did you have to request a second reschedule??

overlapping

genesis1 said:
Thanks Hillsybahn for your response. Incidentally, why did you have to request a second reschedule??

Unfortunately,I have to go to the Conference on schedule date. First reschedule is also same reason. Again I have to waiting for FP....

FP newark reschedule

Hillsybahn
It may be a good idea if you go to the Newark ASC office and talk to the concerned persons on your situation. They are pretty decent. I had been there on 07/22 for FP knowing I would be rescheduled as I had burn blister on 2 fingers. The lady was very kind & gave me open appointment to walk in as soon as it heals. I expected the worst- rescheduling by mail etc. but it turned out good.