Fingerprint Question

Karan Johar

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone please tell me how many days does it usually take for the AVM to get updated after your Fingerprinting is done.

I had done my Fingerprinting in the 1st week of May. I had checked with the FBI and they informed me that they send the Fingerprint results the same day back to INS. But the AVM yet plays the old message.

Could anyone let me know usually how long does it take for this message to get updated??

Mine got updated over the weekend...

Gave FP on wednesday and the AVM checked on following monday and it was updated.

My finger printing was done on 5/17/02 - the AVM still plays the original message "We received your application..." Many people seem to report that problem; it seems however that the messages played by the AVM are not related to the process of your application. I have read of one person who received the actual approval without the AVM changing - just think of the pleasant surprise of opening your mailbox and getting an approval notice.
Another theory: the INS takes fingerprints either electronically or manually (with ink). The manual type fingerprinting takes longer to process than the electronic ones.

FP 04/30 AVM not updated

I had electronic FP done at Denver on 04/30 and AVM is not updated yet. I spoke an Officer at NSC, she told me I don\'t have to worry about, information is not updated on the computer. She could not tell me why? She did not like my question also. I guess this all depends on the office handling your case, FBI papers must be on his table, just did not update the system.