Fingerprint Question - Could someone shed some light on this?

theshadow

Registered Users (C)
USCIS case status says initial review and mentioend on 03/21 they have mailed my FP notice.

I have not received my FP notice yet (04/02) I don't know if it is too soon to ask this question or not, I think my office should be DC office (Fairfax, VA).

Looking at other people's status FP seems to arrive within a few weeks of receiving the file by USCIS.

I recently came back from India (Feb 12) and FPed in the airport and I am wondering if that is the reason I have not received my FP yet or what I need to do in this case?

I dont want to miss the appointment if it indeed been mailed and I have not received it.

If anyone has been in this boat before?

Could someone please shed some light on this?

----
n-400 mailed: 03/09/2012
n-400 received: 03/12/2012
NOA received: 03/19/2012
---

USCIS case status says initial review and mentioend on 03/21 they have mailed my FP notice.

I have not received my FP notice yet (04/02) I don't know if it is too soon to ask this question or not, I think my office should be DC office (Fairfax, VA).

Looking at other people's status FP seems to arrive within a few weeks of receiving the file by USCIS.

I recently came back from India (Feb 12) and FPed in the airport and I am wondering if that is the reason I have not received my FP yet or what I need to do in this case?

I dont want to miss the appointment if it indeed been mailed and I have not received it.

If anyone has been in this boat before?

Could someone please shed some light on this?

----
n-400 mailed: 03/09/2012
n-400 received: 03/12/2012
NOA received: 03/19/2012
---

check your status online: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do. If it doesn't say, FP notice was mailed recently, you still are on waiting list.

check your status online: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do. If it doesn't say, FP notice was mailed recently, you still are on waiting list.

It does say my fingerprint notice was mailed on 03/21 actually. The wording says something like 'On March 21,2012 we mailed you a fingerprint notice to have your.. ' so on...

I am not sure if it is a default message at this stage of the process or the notice is mailed but I still have not received it for some reason.

Thanks for any input on this.

You should call the customer service line and ask them whats going on.

Thanks for your response. I called them they told me to call on April 21st (to allow 30 days).

Should I just wait till 04/21? Or is it possible I could miss my appointment during this period because this letter did not come?

Went through all these different emotions before GC, and again, after 5 years, it starts again :)

Thanks

Should I just wait till 04/21?

This happens! You need to wait till the end of 30 days and if you still do not get any intimation, then its time to make an Infopass. I know you will be very anxious but then patience is one thing that will help you out now. Keep us posted when you get the notification.

This happens! You need to wait till the end of 30 days and if you still do not get any intimation, then its time to make an Infopass. I know you will be very anxious but then patience is one thing that will help you out now. Keep us posted when you get the notification.

Thanks jessicapotter, that's what I am going to do. Hopefully, before then the appointment letter comes that would be great! if not will take the infopass route I suppose. Just curious, since I recently was FPed on my return back from India wondering if that is considered as a recent FP and hence I have not received my FPs yet even though the status says so?

Thanks.

Thanks jessicapotter, that's what I am going to do. Hopefully, before then the appointment letter comes that would be great! if not will take the infopass route I suppose. Just curious, since I recently was FPed on my return back from India wondering if that is considered as a recent FP and hence I have not received my FPs yet even though the status says so?

Thanks.

Called the customer service center and asked to be connected to next level. They connected me and I spoke to an officer he asked me whether I was FP and that is the reason I am called and said I did not receive my notice. So, he said the answer is 'No' and then proceeded to reschedule my biometrics (he said he created a messaged to have my biometrics rescheduled) and gave a confirmation # (starting with WTC. Did anyone receive a conf # like this before?). Told me to call me back if nothing happened in few weeks. Now again waiting game I guess!

Let us see what happens!

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Called the customer service center and asked to be connected to next level. They connected me and I spoke to an officer he asked me whether I was FP and that is the reason I am called and said I did not receive my notice. So, he said the answer is 'No' and then proceeded to reschedule my biometrics (he said he created a messaged to have my biometrics rescheduled) and gave a confirmation # (starting with WTC. Did anyone receive a conf # like this before?). Told me to call me back if nothing happened in few weeks. Now again waiting game I guess!

Let us see what happens!

Thanks.

Was not too happy with customer service response so took Infopass immediately and the officer told me no FP was scheduled for me. Initially was reluctant to create an appointment but then went ahead and created the FP appointment and printed it for us. Also, got the same in mail (usps) on 04/30. FP'ed (walk-in) on 05/02.

My wife's last name was mis-spelt on the FP notice asked the ASC to change they did not for some reason (saying we should do online did not know what online means) but name on NOA was correct. Wondering, if name on FP, would cause any issues? Guess it may have been hand typed.

Anyway, the FP dilemma is over now. Back to fingers-crossed (after FP stage) ;) stage now..

Thanks guys for all your help!...