Fingerprint notice not received but USCIS says they mailed them...

santosh_bh

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone:
I called the Texas Service Center a few minutes ago and a very courteous lady told me that my Finger prints have expired and I need to get a second set. This sounds correct given that my last fingerprints were in April 2005. She said that USCIS had mailed me the notice on April 18, 2007 and the finger prints were scheduled for May 16, 2007. However, I never received this notice nor the one for my wife. When I told her about it, she said they haven't gotten it back either as undeliverable. I confirmed the mailing address with here and it is correct. I haven't moved since filing for I-485 in Sep. 2004 for the fear of things like this happening. The worst part is the IO at the InfoPass appointment last week told us that we can't get second FP notices till the Name Check is cleared (which is pending for me). She made no mention of the fact that the notices were mailed out in April and were scheduled in May.
I am thinking of going to my local Post Office and inquiring about the mails which we should have received 2 months ago. In case they are able to find those letters, can I take them to ASC office listed and complete the fingerprints ? I saw in another post that I have up to 90 days to complete the fingerprinting. Is that true ?

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx !!!

EB3 - INDIA - PD: Oct 2002
I485 RD: Sep 2004
VSC -> TSC: March 7, 2007
Name Check: Pending

I had the same exact problem. They sent me a FP notice on April 18th but I never received them. I spoke a IO a few days ago over the phone and she told me that she would resend that to me. She told me to wait for 30 days and if I did not hear from USCIS then I could call back and check with them about it.

ditto

same for me - this sucks. Have seen others complain about this as well. No mail received, not sent back as undeliverable either - could very well be some glitch that caused a whole bunch of notices never to go out... Were it not for this, we possibly could have been closer to the end of the GC journey - but now we just wait - longer...

Hello Everyone:
I called the Texas Service Center a few minutes ago and a very courteous lady told me that my Finger prints have expired and I need to get a second set. This sounds correct given that my last fingerprints were in April 2005. She said that USCIS had mailed me the notice on April 18, 2007 and the finger prints were scheduled for May 16, 2007. However, I never received this notice nor the one for my wife. When I told her about it, she said they haven't gotten it back either as undeliverable. I confirmed the mailing address with here and it is correct. I haven't moved since filing for I-485 in Sep. 2004 for the fear of things like this happening. The worst part is the IO at the InfoPass appointment last week told us that we can't get second FP notices till the Name Check is cleared (which is pending for me). She made no mention of the fact that the notices were mailed out in April and were scheduled in May.
I am thinking of going to my local Post Office and inquiring about the mails which we should have received 2 months ago. In case they are able to find those letters, can I take them to ASC office listed and complete the fingerprints ? I saw in another post that I have up to 90 days to complete the fingerprinting. Is that true ?

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx !!!

contact your congressman/woman

Folks,
I am saying this once again for all those stuck with FP renewal for whatever reason.
CONTACT your Local CONGRESSMAN/WOMAN.
They can only get the FP re-issued.
I had the same case and I got my FP in a wek after that.
The contact at congressman told me they canget the FP issued very easily.
DO NOT WAIT for things to arive in mail.
Also CHECK YOUR ADDRESS on 485 application with USCIS either by infopass or cal the customer sefvice number for address change.
Check with your old address if they received soething there.
Some ASCs are very particular about rescheduling and may not reschedule unitl 4-6 weeks. aLso there will be a rush at ASCs for finger prints after all the now current people apply.

Try this, may be it 'll work

I remember from the past (485 issues in VSC) that somebody with similar missing FP notice went to ASC with the old one (the first one) and he/she was accepted to give FP after explanation of the problem. Can't tell you the thread, but may be you can search for it.

I got the FP notice yesterday for 05/15/07 scheduled appointment. I took an infopass apointment and will get the FP done a t the local office,

What is local office ?

I got the FP notice yesterday for 05/15/07 scheduled appointment. I took an infopass apointment and will get the FP done a t the local office,

Hi:
When you say "local office" do you mean the ASC office or the USCIS district office where your InfoPass appointment is at ? Pls. advise.
I am thinking of going to the ASC office where I did my first set of fingerprints. Should I do that or take an Infopass and go to the district office ?

Thanx !!

FP2: ???

I had the same problem. I had called recently to get status and was told that my fingerprinting notice was sent out sometime in April and the scheduled date was May 17th. Luckily they re-sent a new one. Tomorrow is my re-scheduled date. :)

same thingshappned to me. I called NSC and wad told that a FP notice was sent to me which neither I or my lawyer ever recieved. NSC told me to go for an Info pass and get a FP notice from there.. do think they will be able to issue me a FP notice?
thanks

It appears that USCIS is doing it on purpose to gain time. On June 7th I had a same experience at the local office. My case is at the local office, and as my FP have expired they were getting ready to mail out my FP, and as I happened to be there they handed them over to me. Then I notice my Apartment# missed by a digit.

Looks like a pattern.

EB3 - India
PD - Nov 2002
FP3 - Jun 7, 2007

90 days

Is it true that we can get finger prints done within 90 days if we missed it. also what the differnce between ASC and infopass office