Fingerprint fee rejected and notice mailed; case in suspense

gc_2007

Registered Users (C)
Guys
I have filed for my 485 to NSC and my case was moved to TSC, i have sent in the correct fees and all my checks have been cashed. I have this strange message on my 485. My 485 reciept notice verified that they have received a payment of $395 ( $325 for 485 and $70 for fingerprinting)

Did anyone face a similar situation, what did you do to resolve this issue.Please share your experiences.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Fingerprint fee rejected and notice mailed; case in suspense.

On June XX, 2007, we rejected your fingerprint fee and mailed you instructions for how to submit the necessary payment. This case is now in suspense. Please submit your payment with our notice as soon as possible after you receive our notice so we may resume processing of this case.

Hi
Thanks for the info, can you please give some more details ? Did your lawyer evere receive a notice af rejection of your fingerprinting fees from USCIS? How did he re-file the fees ? Did he submit a new application with the fees of send in just the fee amount ? and how long did it take for you to get your FP notice once he re-filed the check.

Please share your information.

Thanks

yes, the lawyer received a rejection notice (on 6/18) saying that the check for the FP fee was missing, then re-filed around 6/23 (i guess). the FP notice I received today was sent out on 7/03.

Thanks for the info.

Did they send the rejection notice inspite of cashing in the finger printing fees check ?

I have not received any rejection notice yet and its been more than a month, my laywer has not received one yet, he had called the USCIS and requested them to sent the notice again and still we have not received yet, hopefully will get this cleared asap.

Finger Print Issue

I am in the same boat as you folks. My case status says the same. Also when I checked with my bank they said my cashier's checks have been encashed. I sent my cheque for 70$. Now Iam confussed. I am waiting for my receipt to see what it says.

fingerprint fee rejected, case in suspense

I'm in the same situation, my LUD on 7/16 from NSC shows finger fee rejected, my checks were cached just fine ($325+$70), both checks show the same receipt #. Weird thing is that my wife's 485 and FP ($325+$70 with same receipt#) don't show any finger print issues. IO said it might take 15-45 days to get the notificiation with instructions. Anyone can share anything on the possible issues in these situations? Is there any way to find out what is the problem sooner? please share your actions required on 797?

My case:
485/131/AP Filed on 6/20/07 for all based on EB3 (rest of the world PD 03/2005).

i am still waiting for the fee rejection notice that USCIS has mentioned in the online status that they sent , it's been more than 30 days and neither me nor my lawyer have received anything, i am just waiting. I have not received my FP notices yet

Guys
Hang in these. I got my receipt on July 20th and my RD was July 5th. I called USCIS with my receipt. The first sheet of my receipt said they had encashed 395$ and the 2nd sheet said finger print fee of 70$ missing. The Cust service rep said just send a copy of this and copy of proof of encashing cashiers check from the bank. I sent it immediately. She said it should get fixed fast. Well nobody how fast, fast it. I will let you folks know when I get any update. Hope that helps.

Fingerpint Notice

Guys
Got my FP appointment today. My online status still says the same. So I guess online status is something stupid. Just keep waiting and you should get it soon.

We are in the same boat. Notice of fee rejection still appears on our online status even though we did get a notice to do the fingerprinting and we did them (in July).

My FP $70 fee also rejected...

My case was reached USCIS on July 2nd , Nebraska

Today My All checks got cleared..From Back of my check Got the Receipt Numbers..

When I Login to USCIS website to check the status..This is the message..

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Fingerprint fee rejected and notice mailed; case in suspense.

But Interestingly They Encashed the Fee of $70 For Finger printing..

Same situation

Gurus,

I am in the same situation. My wife's 485 receipt online says "FP rejected and case in suspense". The date online is Sept 20, my lawyer contacted USCIS on 10/5 - exactly 15 days after I told her. My wife's 485 receipts in the amount received shows $395 received, my 485 receipt shows the same dollar amount. My one went thru fine, but the wife's one got stuck in FP headache.

Similar to GCE's post on this thread.

Anyone has any more updates ? Please let us know the received date it says online for the 485 receipt and the response time. USCIS FAQ's today show you have 14 days to get back to them.

Q : If I filed before July 30 and there is a problem with the check I used to pay my application fees, will I have to pay the new higher fees when I reapply? NEW

If USCIS is notified that your check for an application fee has been returned due to insufficient funds, your case will be placed in suspense. You will be notified by mail and asked to submit a new payment along with a $30 administrative fee. If you do so within 14 days, USCIS will honor the original filing date and processing of your case will continue.

I am in the same boat

I am in the same boat. According to the online status my FP fee is rejected while they accepted my wife's FP fee. The funny thing is they cashed all my checks including my FP fee.
By the way, I havent received my receipts yet. I got the receipt numbers from back of my checks and checked the online status at CRIS website. I guess I will have to wait until I receive the receipts and the rejection letter.

Got FP appointment

Guys,

I just got FP appt for 11/2 for me and the wife. Notice date said 10/5 and the letter is postmarked with the 10/10 date. The website still says the same suspense note. I hope the dates help out for each of you to figure out on some approximations. (I-485 online for my wife says received on 9/20).

Please let me know if you have any updates.

Thank you for the info. Did you respond to the suspense message? Please share your experience.
Guys,
I just got FP appt for 11/2 for me and the wife. Notice date said 10/5 and the letter is postmarked with the 10/10 date. The website still says the same suspense note. I hope the dates help out for each of you to figure out on some approximations. (I-485 online for my wife says received on 9/20).

Please let me know if you have any updates.

Yes, lawyer responded

Sus, lawyer responded to the USCIS msg on 10/5. I doubt they would have received and read it by 10/15. I think that suspense note on website is a bogus message. But it did bother me.

Thanks Nabeel1. I will discuss with my lawyer and see what we can do.
Sus, lawyer responded to the USCIS msg on 10/5. I doubt they would have received and read it by 10/15. I think that suspense note on website is a bogus message. But it did bother me.

Update on FP

Lawyer updated me last week sometime, that they also got some notifications that I had my FP set for 11/2. I did not update the lawyers once I got the FP notice directly, since I wanted to see if lawyer would get back to me. As long as you get the FP notice, you are hopefully ok. :)

Received FP notice

We responded on 10/17 (sent copy of cashed check along with an explanation letter). The next day, my FP appt. notice was in my mail box. I don't think they have seen my mail at all. I assume I am fine.