Fingerprint Experience

vcorcl

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
My wife and I did FP at St Louis BCIS last Wednesday. No waiting at all! My AP notice did assign me to do FP at a different location but I chose to do it at St Louis b'cos they have FP scanner. The St Louis BCIS officer told me that I can go to any office at any time to do FP. She also said that "the location and date at the FP notice are only a guildline". Damn, I should have gone there as soon as I received the notice last month. I wasted 1 month time.

Btw, my wife's FP failed for the second time again due to her skin codition at her finger. BCIS told her to expect a third FP very soon. If her third FP fail again, she will need to get a police clearance report. I plan to request a police clearance report for her now and send it to FBI before the third FP notice arrive. Does anyone have any experience or know how to request a police clearance report?

Thanks.

Originally posted by vcorcl
The St Louis BCIS officer told me that I can go to any office at any time to do FP. She also said that "the location and date at the FP notice are only a guildline". Damn, I should have gone there as soon as I received the notice last month. I wasted 1 month time.

There are people who tried to do FP ahead of their scheduled date but was asked to come back on the date on the appointment letter.

Originally posted by vcorcl
Damn, I should have gone there as soon as I received the notice last month. I wasted 1 month time.

per my experience, this depands on how much the ASC is busy on that day, when I went for first FP, the guy at front desk was not allowing eny one with date other then today's ( there were about 30-40 people before me).... but when I went for second FP there was hardly 5-7 people waiting and same person was allowing every one. even I went on friday and my date on appointment was of next tuesday....

vcorcl,

This police clearance report you need from your country of origin or from the county / state you leave in USA? becuase there will be different procedure for both....

M S-IL,
My understanding is they require state police clearance report if FP fail.

thanks

Re-Fingerprint Experience

We had our 2nd fingerprinting done today. In fact my wife had FP date tomorrow. But the INS lady did get surprised when knew we had on different date and allowed us do at same time.

.. When I asked her about when do FBI send FP clearence back to INS, she said on the same date INS send FP report to FBI and FBI give back the clearance to INS in a week.

vcorcl, you didn't waste a month since you're still waiting for RFE. Don't expect direct approval. In NSC, that's like win lottery.