fingerprint-- early walk in question?

hoping in 2009

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have seen a few people post that they go and do early walk in fingerprints.

But my question is does this work even if you have NOT received the fingerprint notice/appointment? Example: taking my NOA letter.

OR do I have to wait for the fingerprint appointment letter :confused:

thanks in advance :)

Hi, I have seen a few people post that they go and do early walk in fingerprints.

But my question is does this work even if you have NOT received the fingerprint notice/appointment? Example: taking my NOA letter.

OR do I have to wait for the fingerprint appointment letter :confused:

thanks in advance :)

You probably need a letter. The guard will not let you in without one.

Correct. I did a walk in FP on Saturday. You will need the FP appointment notice. I just showed it, didn't say anything about the actual appoinment date/time. They give a token number, ask you to fill out info from the GC on a worksheet. Once you get your number called, the first thing they do is scan your FP notice to pull up your info using the barcode on it. So, yes, FP notice is a must.

You probably need a letter. The guard will not let you in without one.

You def need the letter as they stamp on it and give it back to you for your records also.

Without the letter it is not possible for you to enter the FP office

I have a FP appointment for my re-entry permit this week. I also would like to get my FP for N-400 for which I've received the receipt notice but not the FP appointment. Do you think its possible?

I have a FP appointment for my re-entry permit this week. I also would like to get my FP for N-400 for which I've received the receipt notice but not the FP appointment. Do you think its possible?

It never hurts to ask if they might be able to accomodate you but ask for some type of proof that your N-400 application FPs were also taken. I would not do it without it. You better off waiting for your N-400 FP appointment letter and going to the FP center with it.

You might actually not need another FP for N400.

There are a few posts regd FP one in last 15 months leading to a direct IL.

Just got home and I received my FP letter for the N-400 today. FP appointment for the N-400 is scheduled for the end of the month. I'm going to take both letters and try to get both of them knocked off this wednesday. Fingers crossed that I can do it without any incidents.

Just got home and I received my FP letter for the N-400 today. FP appointment for the N-400 is scheduled for the end of the month. I'm going to take both letters and try to get both of them knocked off this wednesday. Fingers crossed that I can do it without any incidents.

Good luck to you it would be great to have them both in one trip :D

I see FP appointments are coming in for the people that applied around my time frame I am getting really ansy to get my fingerprints done so much so its taking away my sleep :eek::eek:

Come Onnnn fingerprints appts. for everyone waiting on them.....:)

last year i called the 800 number, they said it's fine to walk in on Wednesday but you MUST have a letter. so it's not illegal.

Went to the Newark/Elizabeth ASC this morning for my scheduled I-131 fingerprinting. Also, I took the FP notice for my N-400 which was scheduled for the end of this month. After filling out the form the receptionist informed me that I could only complete FP for the I-131 and not for the N-400. She said that they could not do 2 FP's for the same person on the same day. I even had a letter from my company stating that I need to travel earlier than the N-400 appointment but it didn't work. Was kinda bummed out about it but figured its just inconvenient more than anything and not the end of the world. I forgot to ask her if I could come back another day (tomorrow or Saturday) and decided I'd ask the person doing the actual fingerprints.

When my number came up, I went in the back and gave the attendant both forms. Before I could even ask my question, she said she couldn't do both by herself and went back to speak to the supervisor. After a few minutes she came back and said she can do one but isn't allowed to do the other one, however she handed it off to someone else. At the end of the day I managed to get both of my fingerprints finished. Just goes to show that luck plays into US immigration processes too...but we all know that right? :D

Yes I guess you were lucky, thats good for you :)

I was not so lucky,, first the security guard gave me a hard time at the door saying it was not my scheduled day,, yada yada yada,,,

Reluctantaly and with a grudge he went to ask and someone else came then the second asshole goes " YOU ARE EARLY SEE !! " pointing at a calander I say I know but I can't come on my schedule date can he PLEASE just take me today he says " NO you can come the wendsday or saturday AFTER your appt has passed but I will NOT take you today YOU ARE EARLY WHATS YOUR HURRY?" I really wanted to be sarcastic and say " I will leave so you can go back to your chair and just sit down and stare at the wall and get a paycheck for doing NOTHING!!! Because there was NOBODY there at all I was the only person there the place was empty I could have understood if there was a line and people with appts etc were waiting but he was just chatting with the security guard not doing a thing!!

I am angry and frustrated that they can acted so HIGH and MIGHTY treated me like garbage all for a service they get paid for doing its not Free to me. And I have seen tons of online posts of people getting FP early without any problems.

sorry this just churned my stomach and the worst is there is no one to complain to :-(

I was not so lucky,, first the security guard gave me a hard time at the door saying it was not my scheduled day,, yada yada yada,,,

Reluctantaly and with a grudge he went to ask and someone else came then the second asshole goes " YOU ARE EARLY SEE !! " pointing at a calander I say I know but I can't come on my schedule date can he PLEASE just take me today he says " NO you can come the wendsday or saturday AFTER your appt has passed but I will NOT take you today YOU ARE EARLY WHATS YOUR HURRY?" I really wanted to be sarcastic and say " I will leave so you can go back to your chair and just sit down and stare at the wall and get a paycheck for doing NOTHING!!! Because there was NOBODY there at all I was the only person there the place was empty I could have understood if there was a line and people with appts etc were waiting but he was just chatting with the security guard not doing a thing!!

I am angry and frustrated that they can acted so HIGH and MIGHTY treated me like garbage all for a service they get paid for doing its not Free to me. And I have seen tons of online posts of people getting FP early without any problems.

sorry this just churned my stomach and the worst is there is no one to complain to :-(

I can understand your frustration. Sorry, that you had to deal with such people. However, I'm not sure if getting an early FP gets you an early IL.

Sorry to hear your experience was so annoying. The receptionist did say that they received a memo from higher ups telling them to curb the walk-in FP.

Actually there is something you can do. At the end of my fingerprints I was given a yellow slip. This is actually a customer service survey which you can fill in after you're done. I'd suggest filling this in and dropping it of in the lockbox on the way out. If nothing else you could suggest that the staff get a lesson in manners.