Fingerprint appointment (for naturalization) question

I received my FP letter today, but it does not give me any option for walk-in. It say's that if I am unable to keep the FP appointment, send the bottom portion of the FP letter for rescheduling. I have Detroit DO.

carnegiefox said:
We filed our N-400 application on Jan 4th, 2007 and Jan 8th is our priority date. Fingerprint appointment is scheduled for end of Jan.

Here is the snipet from Fingerprint Notification:

To process your application, USCIS must take your fingerprints and have them cleared by the FBI. PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE APPOINTED DATE AND TIME TO HAVE YOUR FINGERPRINTS TAKEN. If you are unable to appear at this time, you may go on any following Wednesday at the same time noted below, as long as you appear before 04/25/2007. If you do not have your fingerprints taken by that date, your application will be considered abandoned.
I got the same thing but I am currently overseas. I am seriously considering going for it on 2/8/07 (the date of the scheduled appointment) because I am not sure if they will really do it on that Wednesday!