Fingerpring Cards Needed

dbhatta

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I've been wanting to apply for permanent residence in Canada. I am in the US on an f-1 visa and doing my masters. I need some advice on what I should expect. However I also need to know where to get the finger print cards. I have written to the FBI but have not received any response. I live in the greater washington dc area. I went to the local police and they refuse to give me the card, they wanted me to bring my own card.

If you guys know where to get the card please let me know. Please also advise me on what I should expect and how long it takes for the whole process to complete.

Thanks
Deepak

Hi Schattenjager,

Thanks for posting a reply. I did goto MailBox Etc after your advice and was told that they did not have it. I also went to a couple of other businesses of that type and was unable to get it.

It seems to be a lot of stress just finding these cards. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Deepak

Thats strange coz I got my fingerprints from there and then mailed the card to bureau. Maybe it is not available at the particular location u went to. Fingerprinting is only done at select locations. Check out the locations first before you go. You can find the list of services for a particular on their website. www.mbe.com

Try to go to the local immigration office which is in charge of making fingerprint. You'd better make a call in advance to confirm this matter.

I heard that DMV and some bank you have an account in there maybe supply this service. My friend has ever taken FP for his EAD at First Union Bank.

Yes thank you. I could not figure out how to come back to this thread to let you know that I received it. I sent it in for the FBI fingerprinting. I have also pretty much got all my other documents together. I assume a letter from employer explaining what I did is sufficient for work experience.

Thanks again.

Deepak

Originally posted by dbhatta
Hi all,

I've been wanting to apply for permanent residence in Canada. I am in the US on an f-1 visa and doing my masters. I need some advice on what I should expect. However I also need to know where to get the finger print cards. I have written to the FBI but have not received any response. I live in the greater washington dc area. I went to the local police and they refuse to give me the card, they wanted me to bring my own card.

If you guys know where to get the card please let me know. Please also advise me on what I should expect and how long it takes for the whole process to complete.

Thanks
Deepak

Deepak,

As I understand you didn't submit your
application to Canadian consulate general yet.
In IMM 7048 E (Buffalo instructions) "Appendix B" there is an iformation about
the Police certificates.

I think it will be helpful.