Fingerpints

Border Guy

Registered Users (C)
I was told that my fingerprints expired 15 months after I had them done. Mine therefore expried the end of March 03. My RD date is Aug 01. I have not received a request for new fingerprints yet. The officer at NSC said she was not sure but she thought that was the reason for my Adjustment of status was taking so long. She said that the process will not resume until they have fresh fingerprints.
Does anyone know how to find out if they and when they have sent out a request for new fingerprints.
:confused:

Border Guy

I don't think they were sent out automatically. Once they came to our cases, they will. If FD expire 15 month after they were done (rather than received), mine should be early March 2003. I did not get notice yet.

Hi Border & Wait...

I am in the same situation as yours. Our finger printing was received by INS on Jan 10, 2002. I had spoken to IIO on 4/10/03 and she told me that the file was assigned to an officer. Furthermore she told me that it has been with the officer for too long and the decision should have been made. She told me that she would send a cc request to the supervisor. It seems she did send the cc request. On 4/24/03, my wife received the notice from BCIS stating her finger printing has expired and she needs to redo them. I am also expecting similar notice..but nothing received so far. Once the officer opens your file...most probably you guys should be getting the notices too..

Thanks
Rajju

2nd FP

I Just keep this thread active Border and R
I faxed my inquiry sheet to my local congressman today. Hope it works.
Why can't them send out automatic FP notice once it expire? I am afraid once they come to our case, ready to approve, ooops, you need a new FP. Two months passed and FP reach them, now our file rotated to the bottom again!!!
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
RD : OCT, 20001
RFE received by INS on APR-4 , 2003
First FP : Jan-5, 2001 ( received by INS on Jan-17, 2002)

I received second FP notice from NSC on APR-18. The notice date
on FP notice is : 4/10/03. The second FP was done on Apr-19.

Why did I receive second FP notice before 15 months ?

Does the 15 months clock start the day we give FP or the day INS receives FP results ?

Thanks in advance !!

Lucky you.
At least you got 2nd FP notice. Sometimes they send out early.
I think it is from the day you FPed.
But it is good thing for your situation to have FP notice. The only bad thing about early FP is like my case - FP expired. But it is unlikely your case would still be pending in one year, so I have to say FP now is good.
Life is miserable and your little progress deserves Congratulations!!!:D

Hello FP Club

Talked to BCIS after many times of dailing.
Said FP notice based on slots available. It is not my turn yet. (My 1st one Dec 2001.)
He could CC note to the officer for this 600+ day case, but he does not know (screen does not show) which officer requested my RFE. (My RFE rec'd Dec 2002).
This officer was nice and actually answer my question.

Call BCIS - never get thru

I wonder how you guys got thru in calling BCIS. I tried number
402-323-7830 (Nebraska), it is always busy. Any ideas? Thanks.

david, thats the right number

My friend kept calling record of times dailed.
8:12 AM 75 times
10:29 AM 94 times
12:12 PM 63 times
1:25 PM 167 times

Looks your best luck is around lunch.
Let's hear your number:D :D :D

Re:Call BCIS - never get thru

Hi!

I tried calling BCIS Nebraska # several times but during day time never got through. Always the FAMILIAR BUSY TONE!!
At last called at 11:30P.M., last thing before going to bed...and got it the second time.

My experience....try calling at night, when Lawyers's offices are closed and most of the people have retired to bed!!

Good Luck!

Re: 2nd FP

Wait600days:

I am in the same situation as you and waiting for 2nd FP. I called IIO three days ago and only was told to wait .
My case is a little younger than yours .
RD : 10/29/01
ND: 11/20/01
1st FP Jan.17 2002 (expired)

1st RFE: 02/18/03 (medical & employment)
2nd RFE: 04/09/03( again employment, right after I called BICS to remind them of the expiration date of my FP. They might not be happy with this.)

Please share how is your congressman thing working .
Thanks!

Re: Re:Call BCIS - never get thru

Originally posted by Kali_Chinki
Hi!

I tried calling BCIS Nebraska # several times but during day time never got through. Always the FAMILIAR BUSY TONE!!
At last called at 11:30P.M., last thing before going to bed...and got it the second time.

My experience....try calling at night, when Lawyers's offices are closed and most of the people have retired to bed!!

Good Luck!

At 11.30 pm, I assume you are talking of the AVM and not a live person??:confused:

Yes I was talking regarding AVM!

Getting to the live person during Day time was not difficult at all! After couple of trials I got the line!

:)

Got notice for 2nd FP

Found in the mail today.
Maybe calling congressman helped. I faxed inquiry to his staff April 28, and got letter dated May 1 (signed by himself) in the weekend, stating I should expect FP notice in a month.
Well, today I got it. Notice dated May 2. To take FP May 28.;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Re: Got notice for 2nd FP

Congratulations on your progress. Maybe you can go earlier before the scheduled date. Some BICS support centers do accept the early notice while some don't. ( Just for your referrence)

Good luck!